Friday, July 8, 2011

Pop pop pop


Those have been the noises we have been hearing for the past 2 weeks. You see, the 4Th of July is special in Riverside, MO. About 2 weeks into June we are bombarded with these.


I think we counted 6 of these tents along with the 2 year round fireworks stores in our little city. Note that Riverside Missouri is 5.7 square miles (thanks Wikipedia).

The reason Riverside is so firework prevalent is because the firework launching laws are very slim. When I say slim, I mean minuscule. Any schmo with a lighter is free to light pretty much anything. I'm talking the big huge fireworks that us Utahn's drive to Wyoming to get. Anyways, the 4Th of July, in my opinion, is a lot more hoppening in these parts.

I love the 4Th of July more than the rest of the holidays. Santa Claus can just stay in the North Pole for all I care (not to say I don't love Christmas or the true meaning of it, I just HATE winter). I love the 4Th of July breakfasts, the parades, the swimming, the BBQ's, the hot sun and the fireworks. I just LOVE it!

And that is exactly what we did with our day...

We woke up and had these:

Then we did the parade thing:

We did do the swimming and BBQ thing as well, but I totally busted our camera this week and didn't take any pics (the other pics are from my phone... not the best quality)

Also, not a fun thing, but Trav had to go into work at 7 that night to work the night shift. How could they?

And finally, we did the fireworks thing:


Avery did a lot better this year, compared to the past two years

2009

2010
2011

At first not so sure...

Now she is facing her fear
And now she's a pyro
We had an excellent view of all the crazy fireworks in the hood! Thanks for all of our awesome/insane neighbors.
Happy 4Th everyone!


3 comments:

Papa John said...

Happy 4th! And what a pretty dress Avery is wearing...sounds like you all had a pretty busy 4th too? Too bad about your camera, Milli.

Tam the Gram said...

Love the "guess the girls" game, I can't believe how much they look a like, I would never have guessed! Love Avery's dress and the picture is so full of personality. Nice posting, our 4th was dimmed by getting ready for camp, so I am glad someone I know enjoyed the great birthday of our nation more than we did! You would have loved the fireworks in the circle, I thought WWIII (world war III) had broken out with all the high tech missles flying through the neighborhood, our restrictions are very minimal now!

Kimberly said...

Riverside fireworks just can't be beat. It's funny how you can't even grasp it until you live there!