Friday, July 29, 2011

Day sieta




We went to Lagoon! Fortunately my lovely Mother and Grandma watched Brooklyn. I did not want an infant at that place. They were nice enough to take her, even though she can't take a bottle for the life of her. So what did we do to nourish her you might be wondering? We bought a huge medicine syringe and sent her with that, breast milk and cereal. Weird yes, but hey it worked, OK!

Anyways, Lagoon was AMAZING!!! Seriously, I haven't had that much fun in a long time. I had absolutely no anxiety about anything, I was almost a kid again. I cannot believe how much fun it was to see Avery discover all the fun and thrills. That was the best part for me.

This girl is a stonewall. During her first big roller coaster, I sat next to her and watched her. There was no expression. She was just intense. Then when it was over, she looked at me and said, "Mama, can we do it again."
This is the face
This is a "I don't really know what to expect before the roller coaster" face

She got stuck for most of the bumper car experience. It was so funny!
Her cousins were nice enough to let her tag along
Travis also got in on the action
Before
After
Oops

We stopped and had a picnic lunch mid day
Goof balls
What a nice Dada... what a lucky girl...

I'm not going to lie, I had a ball going on the kid rides and adult rides.
I think the old rickety white roller coaster still has my gut. Still gets me after all of these years. Oh and have you tried the new roller coaster called "Wicked?" It sure got my goat. I think Trav lost a couple of brain cells, because he was acting really slow after that one. Don't worry, he is normal again.

Seriously, we had so much fun. It was worth every penny (even though we got comped... thanks Momo and Grandpa John, funnest day I've had in a LONG time).

Oh and Brooklyn survived without a boob.
We missed her, but she was in good hands

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Great pics, and Doc T and the Millster got rid of that eye infection so Brooklyn actually had some vision by the time the Reunion concluded.
And then back to Missouri in their new van, and of course, the daily grind....
Take good care of our grandkids yall...

Tam the Gram said...

Love tending the sweetie!

Tracie said...

OK, so that day was SO FUN. I think the most fun part for me was riding the jerk your neck off white coaster. For some reason, it was less jerky and more fun when we rode it this time, yes? Millster....you are SUCH a fun amusement parkite. I felt like a kid again with you. I think one of the reasons you and I had so much fun, is because we are at the same "responsible" stage with our wee ones....it's just so nice to be able to let go, and act like a kid...be a kid...instead of always being consumed with the kid, ya know? A big thanks to our babysitters...especially the ones that are left with a syringe to feed the baby. Ha! So funny.