Friday, July 29, 2011

Day Tres


We went boating at Jordanelle. We are so not boaters. We are boater wannabes. My parents rented a cool boat that held all of their precious grand kids.

So maybe we didn't know how long the rope had to be to pull a wake boarder, or how fast the boat should go to pull a wake boarder, but did that stop us from wake boarding. No. By the way the answer to that is 75 feet for the rope and about 16-18 mph. We found this out later.

We also tubed. I know it took everything in my Dad's power to go slow as he pulled his grand kids. He is usually pretty crazy when it comes to tubes.
Good self control Sid (except for when you dragged the tube over a log and quickly ended Jack's excitement for boating.)

Before
After
Brayden didn't set foot in that cold water. He has been Phoenixized (yes that is a word)
Before
After
PS Doesn't he look like Bieber? So hot.

This was Brooklyn's debut on a boat. She wasn't a fan of the life jacket... I think she thought it made her look chunky or something.
Avery was a fan of her capri sun (and spilling it, oops!), and surprisingly didn't want anything to do with the water.
Or maybe she thought jumping into the water was like walking the plank, and she would rather be the captain?

Speaking of captains.... that reminds me of pirates. And yes, we did make a pirate flag.

Don't mess.

I learned from this trip, that even though it took me 5 minutes to jump into the cold water, and about 1 minute to recover from being in the cold water, there is nothing more refreshing than jumping into a freezing cold lake. I hope I remember this lesson the next time the opportunity comes, because I almost wussed out.

1 comment:

Tam the Gram said...

I know, even though we were wannabes, met a log, made three trips to the dock, it was really fun being a boater for a day!