Friday, July 29, 2011

Day cinco

We said good bye to Draper and headed back to Park City for the beloved Charles reunion. These folks take their reunions serious.
We met up at a park and the first event of the reunion was midget Olympics. I will let the pictures do the talking..
I love the human hurdle...
Yeah I wonder if the Charles competitiveness is going to be passed on to the next generation?.... hmmmm

This was their first meeting ever...
They might be kissing cousins... minus the conjunctivitis that is. Thank goodness for antibiotics.
Baby Dom, you are so sweet, I don't know where your mom got the idea that you were a fussy baby? I was expecting theatrics from you, but you were so mellow. Don't take whatever your Mama is smoking, OK?


After the great feat, we got all of our stuff ready and headed up here to go camping.

Seriously, if you live in Utah, don't take those dang mountains for granted. They are amazing! And what the green? I've never seen it that green. I got to reap the benefits of a long drawn out winter, without having to be apart of it. Thanks for that!

Camping was interesting. It was fun, but I'd say more work than fun because of the stinkin' rain. We had the perfect site, the coolest people and some great food, but for some reason, it just didn't come together. Probably because it took all evening to get the tents up, start a fire to cook dinner, then by the time we put the kids to sleep, we all were spent.
I don't really know why I'm putting this picture here, but I just thought i needed to. Uncle Kevin is probably one of the coolest men around.
Of course we had to make S'mores happen. She was in Heaven.
By the way, I found the best thing on earth. I found Reece's candy bar, but not in the buttercups, I found them in candy bar form like a Hershey's bar. Perfect touch to the S'more. I tried googling a picture of one, but couldn't find one. It must have been a phantom find, but it was magical.

And I just want to give a shout out to little Liam for serenading us to sleep.
Ha! This was his first camping trip, and needless to say, he wasn't a fan. But give the kid a break, it was raining and he had to share a tent with his stinky Dad. We love you Wes and Rach, thanks for trying. They ended up packing up their tent and driving home at midnight.


We did go on a sweet hike in the morning. I thought we were going to run into Gollum for a minute


And this is what we ate for breakfast...
I wish.

What an adventure.

3 comments:

Papa John said...

Great times and people! Lots of fun. I gotta put a plug in for Unka Wes'
State of the Family video portrayal...which was nothing short of OUTSTANDING!! And to one of our Ward families who took us to the Jordanelle for a day of water boarding, skiing, etc. It was so good to have ALL the families here together once again!

Tam the Gram said...

Hugh Hefner, eat your heart out--Kevin's "smoking" jacket AKA rain coat. The forest looks amazing!

Tracie said...

OK, I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the greeness of Utah, too. I think you kinda take it for granted when you live here. That said, the green this year has been so potent, it's brought along with it an nasty dose of allergies for my four year old. A little less green next year please. And camping was SUPER FUN. Until the whole "I am in my tent with my three boys, and the lightning is striking so hard and so close, I think we're all gonna die" part. Everything else was super cool. And you're s'more invention? Bomb diggety. I still maintain you and Trav are the best cooks out on a campsite....bar none.