Thursday, September 19, 2013

Labor day weekend/ first visitors

We had to buy a new car because of the accident (bless my old car's heart) and so who better to buy a car from than your in-laws? We know they take good care of cars and so we didn't hesitate to buy it from them. The only problem was that it was in Utah! My dad was awesome enough to drive it down to us. When I told Avery he was driving our new car to us, her eyes got really big and worried and she said, "well, how is he going to get home? Is he going to walk?" It was cute. 

My Dad brought Sadie for some company, and they were our very first visitors. Mostly my dad helped Travis with the sprinkling system and the yard for the first day. Then that night we took them to the drive in movie here in Globe. Can you tell we love this place?




My Dad happened to come during labor day weekend, and in the Jones family, there are two big birthdays during that time. Bella turned 6 and Tice turned... 29 is it now? Ha! The Jolley's ended up coming to our house on Sunday night where we celebrated birthdays. Then we took the big boys on a scorpion hunt with the black light at night. It was FREAKY! We found 5 or 6. This is what we do for entertainment in Globe.

The next day we went to the lake and beached it up. It was fantastic!
We brought Wilson, the floating turtle, and at one point Wilson blew away almost to the other side of the lake. We thought it was gone, but a boat saw it and saved Wilson. We were all in the water and we acted like they saved our dying Grandma, we were so excited! I think all our beach neighbors thought we were a little drunk. But we were just drunk with excitement. We love that little Wilson.

It was such a nice day. The water was almost too warm, and there was a little thunder storm. It was fun.


 And then we flew 75 cent kites for about an hour

Seriously the best 75 cents I ever spent!

What a fun weekend. Its so nice having family close by!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the longest comment ever.... I'm impressed at how well you have blogged the past 6 months! (My blogging is really lacking lately- so you've inspired me to do better) I only cried a few times reading about your departure from KC! A really super late Congrats to Travis on finishing residency and I laughed at your comment about intern year, I think everyone tells you to not be pregnant that year, but it always seems to happen to everyone. Thanks for the post when we came, I need some of those pics ;) That was fun, we'll have to do that again someday! I decided that we should meet up for an education week for our hubby's every year. While they are in class, we can party with our kids :) Globe looks very different, but awesome to have so many lakes around. Your house looks really nice, and I'm sorry about your car!!!! Seriously, car accidents are horrible. Next time, I'll comment on every post so you don't have a book to read! :) I love and miss you!

Tice said...

So fun.... WILSON!!!!!

Kimberly3 said...

Milli... you are such a great mom. You are adventurous and creative and fun. We miss you. We want you to live SLO so make a ton of dinero and come soon.