Thursday, September 19, 2013

Globites

We finally made it to our new home in Globe. 

We drove from California and arrived at midnight. We were greeted by a garage full of unpacked boxes and lots of little friends.

We love our house! It is nice having so much extra space, a really nice backyard and real furniture!

Globe is.... well... it is... different.

I knew living in the Riverside Town homes wasn't real life. It was just too easy and convenient. Whenever you were feeling lonely or bored, you would just walk outside and you were instantly greeted by a neighbor. I knew this so I mentally prepared myself. I've been fine in this regard, but the hard thing that I'm trying to adjust to is just the small town. 

I'm a go getter. I'm not a home body. I like taking my kids to the zoo, or going to the farm, or going to the duck pond. They don't really have those options here, unless I want to make a day trip out of it and drive an hour and 15 minutes to Mesa. And sometimes I do that when I just need to. So I would say that during the day is the hardest time for me. 

Other than that, Travis is really liking his new job. It feels so much more cushy than stinky residency. He never works weekends, and only works four days a week. 

The girls are adjusting pretty well. It was a shocker for Avery to not have little playmates all of the time. She started preschool, and that has been good for her. Brooklyn is pretty easy going and just wanders the house all day long making huge messes, so she is pretty happy. 

There are scorpions, triantulas, cockroaches, and the biggest bees I have ever seen! It really is a different world here. The thing that is great here is the outdoor recreation.
We went on a Sunday drive to explore the surrounding lakes.



We let our kids "dip their feet in" and the next thing we knew, we had skinny dippers. It was as warm as a bath tub.


It seems like there is always a rainbow in the sky

We have also become really close friends with our neighbors across the street; the Bruce's.
They have four kids and have saved our lives with helping Travis move heavy things, to letting us borrow everything under the sun! What a blessing!
We were able to go to the local drive in movie with them one night.

We also love how close the Jolley's and the Taylor's are

It has its ups and downs, but any kind of change is going to be this way and we are making our home here in Globe.

Come visit... awesome, I mean awesome Mexican food awaits you!






1 comment:

Papa John said...

Looking forward to it this winter...
we're glad you are settled.