Thursday, September 19, 2013

SLO

San Luis Obispo, California

Everyone needs to go here. We went there because Kevin, Travis's brother moved there last year and it was the annual Charles reunion. We drove from Utah straight to SLO, through the night and this is what we drove up to at 5 in the morning.
A cloud

We did so much this trip, I'm mostly going to show through pictures. There are a ton.

Here were the people involved...












This is where we stayed...


My monkey's were in Heaven

We...

Ate lots of food


We Chilaxed...

We sight-saw...

Montana De Oro





Some Pier


We beached it up...


We hiked...





We caught a drive in movie...



We went to an orchard


...and ate lots of corn there
 


 ...and lots of peaches
I would like to report that we were very 'regular' this trip

We beached it up more...




 This boy is 9 and showed me up

Maybe they weren't quite ready to catch a wave

 beach bum
 

We went to the California missions (which I didn't even know about, where was I that day in history class?) and we went to the best farmer's market I have ever seen...
 




 Avery loved the gum wall and Brooklyn tried to eat some

 We ate our dinner on the curb of the street from the best burrito truck

 What are they looking at?
 Just the knife juggling stilt walking acrobats

We were obsessed with...

The Habit in downtown SLO
We went there twice



We displayed our amazing athleticism...

the warm up

the events





Is this considered an athletic event?


 If so, I think our family would be a good option to represent the US in the next Olympics

We displayed good hygiene...
It happens every so often

We went to the most amazing sand dune hill next to the beach...

You had to hike to get there



And then hike a steep vertical sand hill

And then sprint down without dying

This was at the top of the sand dunes. Trails that went forever.
I think this was my favorite place we went.

This was a fantastic trip due to all the planning (Tracie), good food (Kimberly) and great location (SLO).

A couple of things I learned about Californians:
1. Nobody ever leaves the house without reusable bags
2. They don't believe in Drive-through at fast food places
3. They love their land, don't ever not recycle!

Oh how California tempts me. Maybe one day I will be a California girl? 

Thanks Charles family, it was great!


This is how we all felt when we had to leave
(especially when we were stuck in Santa Monica traffic for two hours. Boo.)






4 comments:

Papa John said...

Great pics Milli! Thanks for all the memories...I guess no pics of our trip from KC to the Valley?

Tice said...

Love this and I'll admit I'm jealous. BEACH PLEASE!

Jen R. said...

Growing up in California, the missions were a big part of elementary school. Our class had to make every single one of them out of sugar cubes. I still remember doing this. There is one close to my house too San Louis Rey. Also, Your trip looked fabulous.

Jen R. said...

Also in High School, for a group project for my sign language class we filmed Romeo and Juliet in isgn language and we filmed part of it at the mission. Good times.