Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jam Jam Jam a roos

Another fun and 'original' tradition we do is we like to open PJ's on Christmas Eve. We decorated empty paint cans and those cans sit under the Christmas tree until Santa fills them with our jammies. Since we were going to Utah this Christmas and my mom was going to be doing the PJ's, we decided to keep our own little family tradition going and open the PJ's in Kansas City before going home to Utah. The only problem was that Travis was working every night up until we left for Utah. Well, the solution was, if Trav can't leave the hospital for the PJ's, then we would bring the PJ's to him.




So there I was, 35 weeks pregnant, packing in a laundry basket full of huge paint cans, chow mien for dinner and a 2 year old in tote. We got to the doctors lounge with Travis and then the man just started to get page after page. It was a full moon, so lots of women go into labor (Oh, OB is his rotation right now). He put on a movie for Avery and told me that one lady was fully dilated and that he had to go deliver her at that moment. He really didn't want us to leave, so he said he would hurry. I was a little skeptical because sometimes women can be pushing for hours, but he reassured me. About an hour later he came back, baby delivered and hopefully washed hands! We ate our Chow Mien and opened our PJ's.











Oh yeah, Trav and I gave each other PJ's as well, but we only care about filming and taking pictures of Avery these days, maybe we should work on that.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

What an awesome wife. I hope Travis knows how good he has it.

TC Jolley said...

If I had to chose, I would chose pictures of Avery over you two, but since I don't have to chose, yes, please work on that! And I agree with Traci, Trav has a pretty awesome wifey.

Papa John said...

Boy, I'll say. To make chow mein and take it to him. To decorate and fill the cans with Pajamas, and go to the hospital...WOW!!!