Saturday, January 1, 2011

37 weeks and New Years!

So can you believe that it is 2011. I'm going to have my 10 year high school reunion this year! Time seriously flies! Ten years ago from now, I was a freshman at BYU living the Vida Loca! And now look at me, I'm pregnant with my second girl, living in Missouri!


Our New Year's Eve was a blast! We went over to the Taylor's house and played some way fun games! So I didn't realize this, but I'm totally into pop music. I have always been more of an acoustic rock girl, but they played 'name that tune' from the 2010 pop billboards and I pretty much owned the game. I may need to reevaluate my music selection, or maybe I'm just trying to stay hip the older I get... who knows?


New Year's Eve was fun! I remember when I was younger, and I would have these high expectations for New Years Eve, and it was pretty anticlimactic and disappointing, but now days its amazing if I can stay up past midnight, so my expectations are pretty low, yet for the past couple of years I have really enjoyed the holiday. Perspective is a funny thing! I'm excited for 2011!


Here is my 37 week shot, it was taken on New Year's Day! Only 3 more weeks!!! This baby always has the hiccups. I think she is running out of room because there is always an elbow or a foot trying to come out of me! We are really struggling in the name department. Our top choices are 1) Brooklyn 2) Eleanor 3) Mae 4) Ayla or 5) Afton. Please help us out and vote for which one you like best. In the end, it's Trav's turn to name our kid, but maybe your votes will sway him?





PS One of my resolutions is to post more often, even if its a lame post, so before I start this, I had to catch up on all of the things I needed to post on. There are several posts to check out, so make sure you scroll down a ways!

Happy New Year!

17 comments:

Allie said...

What a fun surprise to have so many posts to read! Sad I couldn't see you while you were here, but it sound like you were busy! Text me the instant that baby comes out. My vote is Brooklyn.

Tamara Jacobs said...

hi milli!
your little belly looks sooo cute!
i LOVE the names you like.
there is a little girl in our ward named Evelyn and they call her Evie...so cute!!!
good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
love, tamara

Tamara Jacobs said...

oops, i'm so embarassed...i just realized the name was eleanor, not evelyn! sorry!haha. i love the name eleanor too:)

Jen R. said...

Ok My vote is either Mae or Afton. I think Eleanor is a bit lesbian...and brooklyn is redonculously popular right now. I don't know how to say the other one! hahahaha I'm such a hypocrite because I just did what I HATE other people do. That's why I don't tell anyone my choices so they dont bash them...cause once you pick it for real no one will bash it!

Anie said...

I have always liked the name Afton. Ayla sound pretty too though. Brooklyn is cute, but like Jen pointed out really popular right now and that usually ends up being a buzz kill for me if the name is too popular.

Allie said...

I love whoever put that Eleanor is bit lesbian. That made me laugh out loud.

Krista said...

Ok you are the cutest pregnant person ever! We sure miss you guys.. hope everything goes well with the delivery! ;)

Brandi Hastings said...

They're all pretty cute but I vote Mae. Can't wait to meet her :)

Texie said...

Seriously, it must suck that you are that tiny at 37 weeks!!!! You look super cute!

Texie said...

And I vote the name Aftyn or however you spelled it!!! My friend just named her little girl Aftyn and I thought is was a really cute name that I had never heard before!

Papa John said...

Okay, the best thing Jen ever did was to play QB in the BYU intermural league. She had great wheels. That is, she could run like the wind, and just like her QB and WR bros. But it is obvious she doesn't have a "hankerin" for choosin baby names. Millster, do you know who gave you names #1 and #2??? Love em!

TC Jolley said...

You are SO CUTE! I want to rub your little belly and feel those hiccups! As far as names go, I don't think you can go wrong and I actually like Tamara's little addition to the list! What about Afton Mae? Also, I don't know who suggested #2 but Papa John better be referring to me on name suggestion #1!!!

The Dumas Family said...

37 weeks!?! Geez you look dynamite! I love your pics and stories - they're the best. The picture of Avery and Travis in the tub is so precious. I like what your friend, Tamara, said about Evelyn and Evie - that's super cute. Good luck! I guess you'll get to see first hand what kind of OB Travis would make, huh? Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby girl.

Tam the Gram said...

Can't vote until I see her. . . and smell her!

Crystal said...

so excited for that new baby to get here. They are so fun. Enjoy while they are so small because in a month they seem huge!

Amber said...

Can't wait to see pics of that baby girl! Love all the name- ok well Brooklyn is my favorite- but I like them all! Good luck with everything!

Mandy said...

Dispite someone saying that it was lesbionesk, I like Eleanor....I was thinking about that for Ellie so I could call her that for short. You should copy me. Ellie is really cute.
You are cuter though. Love and kisses on these next couple weeks!