Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hospital day

There isn't a lot to do here in the small town of Globe, so when there really is something going on, we take full advantage! Every year, the hospital does a fair along with a 5K race. We were up bright and early to participate.

I was hoping this race would put me into labor, but no such luck!


Avery was a champ and probably ran a mile of it. She would just take off and then get really tired and stop then bolt again. Maybe I should read her the story about the tortoise and the hare?

Travis was also a champ and finished with the girls before me.
Lets not make this a habit of him beating me!

After the race were the festivities
Dancing, face painting, helicopters, you name it!




I had to go inside the hospital for something, and I looked over and saw this

It is Brooklyn advertising water safety tips

I guess Travis gave them the OK to use this picture from a work party. I had no idea she was such a huge celebrity!

We like our cute little town... most of the time :)





2 comments:

Unknown said...

And thus began the modeling career of Brooklyn Charles.

Papa John said...

Golly, Avery really is growing up. I can remember the good ole days when she would walk about 100 feet and then would only move further ahead when she was riding on the shoulders of someone else.