Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April Fools

I have been waiting for my kids to be old enough to play pranks on. I decided that they were getting close enough that I could pull a few on them this April Fools day.

For dinner I made "grilled cheese sandwich's", "juice" and "cookie dough cupcakes." And because I'm normally so cool and laid back about what my kids eat, it wasn't weird at all that I suggested we eat dessert first.

April Fools
If you look closely, you will notice that the actual cake is really just meat loaf and the frosting is mashed potatoes and the cherry is actually a tomato. 

Ha ha! Brooklyn didn't quite get it, she just said, "ooh this is gross," and moved on. 

I also gave them red juice.... or a cup of jello with a straw in it. 

One suck from them and they were had! Suckers! 

And finally, to the main course, the "grilled cheese" sandwiches


Or angel food cake with orange frosting

Brooklyn took one bite and said, "mmmm this peanut butter is good."

Why can't they always eat their "entrees" this easily?

It was a fun day and Avery is getting to the age where she can start helping me get her dad. Yeah!


3 comments:

Papa John said...

What creativity Milli...you make life interesting alright...

Tam the Gram said...

I like a little "evilness" in mommy's. Very fun.

Tice said...

Hey! We did some of those things too… did we talk about this and I can't remember or do we just do the same things because we are cool???