Wednesday, April 23, 2014

First AZ Easter

Easter came and went. Time is flying! We had a good one here in Arizona. The weather is wonderful. We didn't do a whole lot. Every Easter there is an Easter pageant at the Mesa temple. We took the girls and enjoyed a night on the lawn. 

The Jesus in this play is in Tice's ward... cool side note.

Then on the Saturday before Easter, there was a promenade on main street in Globe. This is where you wear your Easter best and walk around the streets.
There were a lot of interesting characters to say the least.
Our girls were pretty dang cute though
It took a few, but we finally got the Easter bunny shot

Then Travis went crazy with the camera


He does that sometimes

And then I noticed how big our little girl has become


And then how sweet this one has become

And just how in touch with his feminine side this one has become

And then how weird this guy in the carrot suit was

I was really grumpy that morning because of how stinking uncomfortable I am, and Travis really captured the feeling

Then I saw these people and wondered if Trav and I will ever be like them one day?

And here was the crowd

Then we ran into some friends

And their creepy dad
Or maybe Travis was the creepy dad taking a picture of another man?

That night, we dyed Easter eggs.



The only problem was that I bought our normal brown eggs, not thinking and so they ended up very dull and boring! 

Sorry family!

The next day was Easter and the bunny came!

First he hid those very boring eggs in the backyard for the girls to find

Then they came in and found their Easter baskets full of candy, flip flops, bubbles and kites!



Then after church, we had the Merideth family over for some ham and potatoes.

It was a quiet and peaceful day, just like it should have been!

It was nice to reflect on Christ's Resurrection.

I really love Spring!

Now it is time for this baby to get out of me!

5 comments:

Papa John said...

What a pretty look both those little girls have in their Easter giddy-up.
And you even have a partial lawn in your back yard, high enough to hide Easter eggs...WOW!
That pic of you Milli when you say you are grumpy reminds me of what the celebrities look like when they try to go unoticed by John Q. Public.

Tracie said...

Your blog....your thoughts....make me giggle, Miller Lite. I don't often giggle. It's nice. Thanks for bringing me some happy.

Mama Kath said...

I'm so very,very happy that I am loved and included in your "list". Your pictures help me to remember what a beautiful family I have, although, I would also like to see a picture of our pretty pregnant Mama with both head and baby body.

Tam the Gram said...

Pictures are great! The girls remind me of you and TC and Sadie at Easter time. I don't know who Travis-in-the-hat reminds me of.
Such great times!

Tice said...

I love the guy in the carrot outfit! And those girls, they are so CUTE!!!!!!! Love the dresses but mostly the hats!