Sunday, May 21, 2017

Spring dance recital

As a non dancer, I sure love these dance recitals! Maybe its because I don't know technique, dance etiquette or rhythm? Mostly I think its so hilarious to watch the human reaction of little kids trying to perform in front of a large crowd! 

All 3 of my girls were in the recital, so I was able to just sit back and relax with a newborn baby. It was awesome!

Isla: She was the best! They had a dance number where they pushed grocery carts around the stage, and she definitely didn't have a clue what to do. I'm pretty sure she did the opposite of what she was supposed to do. But to be real, only one or two really knew! I'm just glad she didn't mow anyone over! Her second number, she decided she was done, and just sat down, she was spent!


Brooklyn: She was the youngest in her age group and did a ballet and a jazz dance. I truly think dance is what Brooklyn can excel in. She has a lot of grace and prance in her step. She did great and was so fun to watch! She didn't ever want me to watch her ballet performance while practicing it because the song was so beautiful and she wanted to surprise me. It really was a pretty dance and I loved it!

Avery: I was really surprised when Avery told me she wanted to try dance. So I let her. She did tap. You can tell she is such a mother hen, because she was totally directing people where to go while performing. She knew the dance and was into it. She told me after words that she is probably done in the dance world. She got it out of her system! 


It was also really cool, because it was the same weekend we blessed Leo, so my parents, Trav's dad and Sadie was there to watch! We had lots a groupies there to support. 

As a mom, these are the rewards that make all the hard things I have to deal with worth it!


 


























No comments: