Friday, August 2, 2013

KC the cat

I don't know if you saw this post about the skanky stray cat having kittens, but there is more to the story.

We totally got sucked in to keeping one of the kittens.

OK no one really had to twist our arms, but the act of getting a kitten was furthest thing from my mind.

We had really gotten to know the cute kittens under our porch and then Chris Johnson (aka Satan) talked us into keeping one.

 His argument was that if we kept a cat, then we would always have a piece of Kansas City with us because of the fact that the cat was born under our porch in Kansas City. Then I had a brilliant idea of naming him KC, and it was downhill from there!

The only problem was that once we decided to keep the cute black kitten, the skanky mama cat moved her litter. We couldn't find them.

About 2 weeks went by and we thought they were as good as gone. One day Chris and Travis were outside and they spotted the kittens in the field behind our house.

It was an epic battle, but they were successful with retrieving our scared and tiny kitten. He was really cute, but petrified.

We made him a bed out of a cardboard box and locked him in the bathroom away from the overly loving children.

Every time we would let KC out of the bathroom to wander free he would sprint under our armoire.

I then would have to go and get my blow dryer and blow him out like he was one of the little pigs.

 It took KC about 2 weeks to not think we were going to eat him.

I think he loves us now, especially when the kids are asleep!

We have had KC for about 2 months now and I'm so happy because he eats all the nasty bugs here in Globe.

He ate a spider yesterday thank Heavens above for that, they are his toys!

 I'm not too worried about the wild life getting to him here in Globe, I'm more worried about Avery and Brooklyn.

 He is a super cool cat. He is very playful and loves to climb trees. He almost reminds me of a dog.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's awfully judgmental of you - calling the Mamma cat skanky. I mean, she obviously got pregnant and all - but maybe she was a married cat mamma under cat law. Maybe her husband got murdered by a raccoon, leaving her a poor, suffering widow cat? Maybe you took the one cat in her litter that reminded her of her only true cat love.

Papa John said...

Sorry, but every cat is skanky!

Jen R. said...

Oh my gosh. Wes's comment is so great.