Friday, January 4, 2013

Celebrations

It came and went and we survived.

It was very quiet. We stayed here in Missouri, and it kind of seemed that everyone else left. 

Before the big day, we of course, did all the fun traditions we do every year. You know... 

The Santa sightings

The gingerbread house making


 The Christmas date

The train station

Trying to get these 2 to both look at a camera and smile is near impossible


Mainly because of the almost 2 year old
back to topic

The Christmas light drive to Lees Summit

Which is normally so much fun, but DO NOT go on a weekend!!! We waited in line for almost 3 hours in the car, for 10 minutes of lights, albeit awesome, but 3 hours in a car is NOT even worth seeing Channing Tatum without a shirt on, with my kids, and I was grumpy, just ask Travis.


And yes, I pulled a Britney in this picture, I just had no choice... plus we were going negative 8 miles per hour


I really enjoyed all the clips and short videos we were able to watch on Christ's birth, there are really great ones out there. Thank you to youtube and mormon.org.  Also, did you see the CeeLo one? I may or  may not have teared up a bit. I loved the spirit it brought, and honestly, I think those moments were my favorite Christmas moments. Yes Allie, that is when I "caught it." Brooklyn, every night, would say "I need Jejus movie."

Christmas Eve was here before we knew it and we hosted the Hastings, minus Jim, plus Brandi's sister's Emily and Callie and we had the Hendricks as well.

It was fun, but I cannot wait to get a bigger place. We literally had the adult table in the living room and the kids table in the hall. SQUISHY!

And to go along with the white trash theme, look how my kids were dressed

awesomeness.

St. Nick stopped by on his way out and the kids were ecstatic
I don't think Santa fooled Avery. She kept saying, "that man isn't Santa." It was real awkward!

And then of course, Christmas morning.
Kids didn't wake up till 8

and we had to have a breakfast intermission at about 10
I'm glad Santa brought us all our favorite cereals, and yes, that is what we had for Christmas breakfast. Best idea ever!

It was quiet, lasted all morning and was nice. I think that this year was the most I missed being away from family during Christmas.

But these two made it magical


And we had a wonderful Christmas dinner at the Veagle's.

This is a classic picture, cooking and mothering in a tiny little kitchen. I will miss those darn town homes!

Here is the rest of the evening
 
 
 
 
Christmas was great, but I'm kind of glad it is over. I'm EXHAUSTED and fat!

And lastly, on to the new year.
We started the evening at the Cato's. We had bacon burgers and the most wonderful buffalo chicken dip, plus a lot of other crap.
Its a wonder that we were able to demonstrate our sick dance moves on the Kinect.
maybe its a good thing I only had my phone camera with me. We definitely married white men.

This little girl was in Heaven with all the princess dresses.

After the Cato's we headed over to the Hastings to finish off the night. That's right, we party hop.

I think I consumed 4000 calories that night, I hadn't planned on going on a diet for the new year, but am quickly reconsidering.






It was a party. And we went home at 12:01 am and crashed.

Hope you all had some great memories this past week, this was our last Missouri Christmas. Weird. 

4 comments:

Allie said...

Missed you this Christmas !! Hope next year is a permanent-Utah Christmas for you 😊

Tam the Gram said...

We really missed you guys..... big hole in the Holiday.
Interesting..... you are starting to use the term "last here in Missouri". What a great time and experience for you guys. Can't wait to see where you land. Love you all.

Mama Kath said...

We missed you and Kevin's family too! Wonderful to have a brand new baby girl but still somebody's were missing! Love you tons and hope you end up more reachable in the future!!!

Papa John said...

Nice reporting on an active Christmas. I loved reading Allie's comment...it's ditto for me too.
Missed ya at Christmas, but Thanksgiving was great!
Hope Travis is healing okay, and not doing anything stupid, like skateboarding to work...