Thursday, January 31, 2013

Two Years

Brooklyn just turned 2.

What the heck?

Wasn't she just born?

For her birthday we decided to hang out and go to a bounce house, she loves to bounce. 

We usually do breakfast in bed on birthdays in our household, but I just don't think that's a good idea when you are two, so we had a birthday picnic, while watching Curious George. I think she liked it better.
Don't mind naked Mowgli over there.

We played all morning, opened up a few presents and took naps. Yes I'm a mean mom, I made her take a nap on her birthday. But I knew we would be out late partying and I wanted her to be the happiest. So if you think about it, I'm actually a very nice Mom, OK?

After she woke up, we gathered up our stuff, and the Johnson's, and headed south to Olathe, KS. Since we were going that direction, I called up the Oman's to see if they wanted to meet us there. And of course they did. 

The place was amazing. Amazingly ghetto! I could have just sat there and watched people all night long. There were some interesting characters to say the least. But it was OK, because when there is floating plastic to be climbed on and jungle Jims to explore, kids don't really know the meaning of ghetto. 

Here were some of the party goers

And I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures of the people there, it really was a treat!

After the bounce house, we went to Oklahoma Joe's with the Oman's. 

We got our BBQ on.

And our present opening on.

But we didn't get our cake eating on because when we got home, it was way too late...

...and then the next day, Travis worked the whole day so we had to wait...

... but the 2nd day after her birthday, we managed to fit the cake eating and singing in.

These pics of the cake were on her birthday

This was two days later
Brooklyn had been practicing her birthday candle blowing out for weeks, so we really couldn't forgo this part of the birthday, even though the cake was sweating. She did great!

She was a very happy birthday girl

Brooklyn, you seriously light up the room.

You could be Shirley Temple's twin sister

You have the type of personality where people are just attracted to you and want to be around you.


You are snugly and warm and soft and fleshy


You love your sister and you love when her friends come over to play

But sometimes you and your sister fight, and you "paw" her

Its really hard for me to punish you, I either want to laugh or hug you when you are naughty



You wear your emotions on your sleeve and are extreme in all of your emotions. You can be very excitable, very happy, very sad, very mad within 15 minutes


You are very obsessed with washing your hands. Serious, you will stop what you are doing and say, "mama, wash hands." I'm proud to say you have not gotten the flu this season

You are very into dolls right now, and you and Avery pretend every day. You love Baby Bleu, Baby Patty and Baby Rita



You are very into picking your nose, which I think you learned from your older sister


You are obsessed with jumping. You are always doing it. So much that you got a mini trampoline for Christmas

Along with jumping, you are always bouncing. Whenever I hold you, you bounce, and people think I am bouncing you, but you are doing all the work. Also, when you are eating in your high chair, your legs are always bouncing out of the bottom, so much that I can't fill your water too high in your cup or it will spill


You love to color and paint, and about 4 months ago you would do it for long stretches of time, but now you just scribble something and you are done, so I kind of think your attention span is fading? You love to draw circles

You are the biggest mess maker ever! You are way into lotions and creams and soaps; so where is your favorite room in the house? The bathroom. If I can't find you, you are usually in the bathroom concocting some potions. You are obsessed with makeup and I had to buy you some of your own because you were ruining mine


You know all of your colors and shapes; including octagon, which is one of my favorite words that come out of your mouth, "ogagon."

You are working on your letters, but for some reason aren't as interested in those yet


You speak in solid sentences and are starting to get sassy. The other day you said, "Mama, go away, we want to play." You also said "mama, I have to tell you something," and then you mumbled a bunch of stuff

You have gone pee pee 3 times in the toilet, but still don't seem too interested to start potty training

You watch Avery go on the potty and try to wipe her afterwords all of the time

Your favorite food is quinoa and rice, you would eat that stuff all day long



You love your Daddy, but you are still a total Mama's girl

You are a very inconsistent sleeper. Sometimes you wake up at 4 or 5 and just need us to snuggle with you, and sometimes you will sleep till 8. And other times you will wake up at 6 am ready to go.

You love music. Already, in the car, if I listen to even 2 seconds of talk radio you say, "mama, music please." And if I have to turn the music down to answer my phone, you get mad and say, "music loud please."

You might be our dancer, you are always rockin' to the beat


You are the sweetest, sassiest, cuddliest, cutest 2 year old and we don't know what we would do without you! You add so much color and fun to the family












We love you Brooklyn, maybe don't eat as many veggies though, that way you won't grow as fast!










6 comments:

Papa John said...

Very nice picture story of Brooklyn.
The pic where she is leaning up against the brick wall...I have seen the exact same face on Shirley Temple in one of her movies...sign her up, and put her Dad out to pasture!

Tracie said...

This post is precious, as is my niece. I miss you punks. XOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOX!

Kimberly3 said...

Precious... Milli you captured Brooklyn in words and pictures perfectly. She is an angel!

Kimberly3 said...

Precious... Milli you captured Brooklyn in words and pictures perfectly. She is an angel!

Tam the Gram said...

Oh, I love her so much....... can't wait to see you.....counting the days. I think we should check the family tree to see if we have an aunt named 'Shirley'..

Rachael Charles said...

Oh my gosh. Great post! I miss that sweet baby girl! I don't think I have ever seen a cuter picture of a little girl than the brick wall one with the scrunchy face. Seriously. I'm dying. Happy late birthday, Brooklyn!! We love you.