Monday, April 19, 2010

Sister Wives

I always wondered what it would be like to be a polygamist. Since Travis has had a pretty easy rotation this month, sometimes it almost seems like we are polygamist, because its often him and me and my buddies. I have been known to say that being polygamist wouldn't be so bad. You would always have friends around to help you during the boring times of the days, you could do fun crafts together, you could help each other with the chores and the kids, and there would always be good meals. But then I thought about the other duties of being a wife, and then I didn't think that being a polygamist would be such a good idea. Anyway, that was a long introduction to this post. Tonight, we made freezer jam. It was Trav's idea, and so I invited some of my wanna-be sister wives to come and make jam. This is how it turned out.






This is our main man

And girls, thanks for being such loyal friends. I know you will always be watching my back for me. Thanks for being there, especially when I need you! You are definitely great candidates if I ever had to pick some sister-wives! But I would have to be the head wife... no battle!

5 comments:

Jen R. said...

hahahaha....

I call second since we've already been on a date and all. :)

Wait...I'm already married. Doh!

Kate said...

Yuummmmm!!! Need to do that myself! But, I have to add...made it last year in the same containers...don't they remind you of urine sample containers?? Random, I know...but come on..you thought it, right???? Come on Milli. Tell the truth!

Mandy said...

I want to be a sister wife too! In my current state, I probably wouldnt be too mad if I had a sister to help me with the 'other' wifely duties too. I am also commenting on your last post, I love the olympics you guys did and have been trying to think of my name, Mandinator, Mandible Crusher, I will keep thinking. I also think that Avery is an insainly cute little lady and I would give her suckers every chance I got.

Tam the Gram said...

I will continue to encourage your book: "Living Happy Even though We are Poor" or "Having Fun without Funds". Love your olympics and healthy competition. Avery made the dress look like a million bucks, loved the hat addition!

Great presentation of the jam in jars, and nice hair Travis! Glad your weather is great--can't say the same for here (oh, I wasn't going to talk about the weather) we are snowy again--April 30--whatever.

Can't wait to see you--counting down. Love you three very much.

Tam the Gram said...

Tried the sister-wives concept with aunt Sher--we both loved it!