Saturday, April 3, 2010

A little bit of Travis...

So a couple of weeks ago, after I found out the Cougs would be playing in Oklahoma City for the first round of the tournament, I had an irresistible urge to get out there and support my team. Chris (our neighbor) and I crowded into our Civic and headed down. We ended up seeing two very enjoyable games and one not-so-enjoyable game. BYU/Florida went into double overtime, and by the end of it, I had no voice. Kansas/Northern Iowa turned out to be the highlight; it was fun being at the biggest upset of the tourney. BYU/Kansas State was lame, they couldn't miss anything. I wanted a paintball gun for Pullen and Clemente every time they shot. Oh, well. The trip was fun; it was my first appearance in March Madness. Everything went well, other than being forced to listen to occasionally very crappy music. Chris monopolized the stereo. Seriously, at one point he put on Michael Bolton. For any of you who have not yet formed an opinion of him and are looking for one that won't get you laughed at, see the movie "Office Space" (edited version, of course). PS This is Travis, not Milli

4 comments:

Papa John said...

Great times...glad you got to go...GO COUGS!!!!

Tam the Gram said...

Going to an NCAA tourney is on many "bucket lists"--I though BYU's team this year was one of the most exciting to watch--although, I only saw them play less than five times, I must confess that they weren't entire games--DARN dish network. Oh, will tell Chris that he can still be mine and Sid's "boyfriend", even though he listens to Micheal Bolton--but just barely--we will be watching him more closely! (there was also the sweater sighting) Love you

Chris and Jana said...

It was just a joke, all Travis wanted to do was listen to Coldplay, even though Bolton is not all that bad. Dont worry Tam and Sid, I'm still cool, even in my sweet prize winning sweater listening to MB. This is Chris if anybody is wondering.

Mama Kath said...

Great pictures and words!! It's wonderful to be able to share your lives when we are so far away. Avery was a real rocker on that piano and LOVE THOSE KISSES!

Congratulations on your residency Travis! When you please the people where you live - you must be doing something right!

*Note: I still don't understand what is happening in Lost!!!??? Is it my I.Q.?