Monday, December 14, 2009

One Hot Turkey

Day 2
We are going all the way back to Thanksgiving for this one.
First of all... Coincidence or not
We booked our tickets to go to Phoenix for Thanksgiving. The next day Travis gets an email from the University of Arizona asking him to come for an interview for November 22ND, the exact date that we were already going to be in Arizona. Jigga what? Some may call it a coincidence but I call it destiny.
So we arrived in one piece. Flying with wiggly, no attention span Avery wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. But it wasn't that good either. I'll just say, its not the funnest thing in the world.

The cousin's got reacquainted real fast!
Look at the guilty looks on those stinky boys!


Avery loved this girl... I kind of did too.

Tam got in trouble (by Travis) for not wearing her bonnet.


We got to see Brayden's cute class play. "I is for Indian, we know them now by Native Americans." So PC... good job Brayden.
Then we got to eat in the cafeteria with Brayden. Of course we reminisced about the good old days of elementary school. I swear the cafeteria smells are the same.
Also, I think some of the upper classmen were making fun of what we were wearing. I'll cream them!
After that feast, we headed down to the preschool area and started on our second feast with Jack's class
So dang cute, I could eat 'em!
Their school was really fun. I do have to note that kids are gassy. Just walking down the halls, I could smell a plethora of toots from all the kids. If I was a teacher, I'd rip them all day long and just blame them on the kids.


A couple of days later, we made a real feast!

I promise my dad has a normal face... you wouldn't be able to tell in all of the pictures, but he really does.

Although breast milk tastes pretty good, I think Avery liked this year more than last year
I had to put this pic in so you all can see how awesome my brother in law is
Other honorable mentionable things we did were: watch Twilight, go see New Moon (can you tell who was running the show), swim in the freezing pools at the Marriott (we thought AZ was always warm), Turkey bowl, soccer games, parks, eating pie with Jon's huge family and of course all the family fun!
Thanks again for the nice trip. I think it is the Jolley's turn to come to the MO! We might not be here too much longer. More on that to come.
PS Trav's interview went really well.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

The faces in those pictures are seriously awesome! Jon's face looks like he is going to pull the trigger on a machine gun at any moment and your dad just cracks me up. He is like 4 years old in every picture and when he sees a camera his face just forms into those looks. Makes me laugh. Avery is too cute. She has funny faces too! Love it

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

looks like you had a great time!! Avery is getting so big!! sounds like destiny to me when things work out like that.. i hope the best for you two!! have a great Christmas!!

The Dumas Family said...

May I have your mailing address, please? I'm hoping to get Christmas cards out.