Saturday, October 3, 2009

Birthday Boy

Trav's birthday was last Wednesday! Woo hoo!
He was in Philadelphia for most of the day, but he flew home around 8:30 PM. I picked him up from the airport just in time to go and engorge on this.
Its a "Five Guys" burger and so worth the extra inner thigh fat.
Then we came back to our place and added more to the chunkiness with homemade hot cocoa and these cinnamon rolls
And we enjoyed them with these people
It was lots of fun!
I have to thank Brandi for basically doing it all. I was going to be lazy and just make Rhodes cinnamon rolls, but she dragged me to her house and we baked. It was really fun! Thanks again for all of your help. You are a good friend!
Now its the part of the annual birthday post where I go off about how old Trav is and how he robbed the cradle yadda yadda yadda... but I'll spare you and just tell you why I like Travis:
He always watches Avery when I need to go someplace without any complaints... I kind of think he wants me to leave sometimes because those two have lots of fun together
When he tries to be funny, he isn't, but when he just randomly says something, or does something wacky, it cracks me up. I get tears
He usually tells me he loves me everyday, and is always the first one to say it
He is addicted to cuddling... he's the girl in the relationship
He is a sucker for any kind of action, science fiction movie. All you have to do to get his money is have some sort of action hero in a story
The man cannot do two things at one time. Seriously, its comical. He will take 30 seconds to answer one simple question when the TV is on
When its time to leave, he will spend an extra 30 minutes saying bye to each and every person there
He will never cheat on me because when he likes one thing, he sticks with it. For example, he has a million pairs of shorts, but only wears the same ones every day
He can do everything. He not only is very smart, but he is amazing at the piano, can hold a tune, can play the guitar, and is athletic
He is all boy
He loves me unconditionally, which is huge when you have to put up with some of the things I put down
Hope you had a great birthday Trav. I sure do love you!

7 comments:

Mike said...

Sweet Millster. Youza good wife. You....complete T. (Wipe tear.) Seriously, good job! I LOVE seeing the little nuances of people's relationships. Sounds like yours is FAB (except during pictionary and tennis...but that's IT.)

Brandi Hastings said...

Hope that you had an awesome birthday Trav, old man! Milli, your posts crack me up. They are always very entertaining. You need to going into writing... maybe SNL??

Allie said...

Happy Birthday, Travis! Hey have you guys gotten into Heroes? Well, if not, Travis would probably love it if he is really into action, etc... We've just finished season 2 and we've really liked it. Love ya, lets get planning our senior trip.

Papa John said...

That was a great read...thanks for sharing Milli!

Anie said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Sounds like you guys had some yummy cinnamon rolls! It's nice to know I am not the only one that can't get enough of those! Yummy

Daisie said...

Happy Belated B-day to Travis! I love your cinnamon roll birthday celebration! It was so fun to see you the other day...it kind of feels like a blurr to me so let's be sure to get together again SOON!!!!

Lechelle said...

Wow, this comment is really late but Happy Birthday Travis!