Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall rocks!

Except when it already feels like winter. TC, I don't want any "its 85 degrees here in Phoenix" comments. I swear, it was 75 degrees a week ago, and it has been in the 40's this week; however, I still love the fall. I love the smells of Fall, the post Summer feeling, the colors, the wardrobe, and the festivities.

We have done a couple of fun Fall things...

We of course had to go on our annual Louisburg Cider Mill adventure with the Oman's. We double checked the hours of operation last year... see this post.
We got their famous apple cider doughnuts, some more apple cider pancake mix and some other little gadgets. I know this is totally disgusting, but I do have to mention, that last year, Sarah brought me some of those apple cider doughnuts about 6 hours before I delivered Avery and I ended up throwing them up and I promise it was the most delightful vomit I've ever experienced! Usually after you throw something up, you don't even want to ever look at it again, but not the apple cider doughnuts. They were as appetizing as ever!


We had another rookie this year.
Avery loved the scenery. I think she also loved Evie.
We can't get enough of this place! It makes me want to move and live in the country, but my parents would really never come to visit me... he he a little inside joke for Sid and Tam.
A couple of weeks later I took Avery to Deana Rose with a couple of my friends. Deana Rose is a cute farm for little kids. They have a petting zoo, a bunch of different playgrounds and a pumpkin patch.
I think I liked it more than Avery.
No really, she loved it. It was so fun to see how excited she would get to see the animals... oh and to see these animals playing with each other
There were little baby goats and they had bottles of milk that they would let us feed them with. I swear those goats were starving because they were ravenous. They were trotting over kids, nipping each other and doing everything they could to get the milk. Avery was brave, I think she thought she was a goat.
We had fun, I think we will go back soon!

Ok, so a couple of days ago, Travis took Avery fishing at the local pond with some friends. I think he mostly just had to protect our daughter from jumping into the pond. Good thing he could lure her in with ritz crackers!
I hope Fall will want to stay just a little bit longer. Its always in a hurry to leave! Sure wish Winter wouldn't wear its welcome.


8 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Hey Milli! That is funny about the apple cider doughnuts! They sound yummy! Avery is so cute! Travis seems like a great person. I totally agree about the fall thing - I love it and always wish it would last longer!

Laura & Rusty Jensen said...

Hey Milli
Congrats on the race 2nd place. I am doing a 10k in a month but doubt i'll do that good. I love fall. My fall obsession treat is carmel apples, but they ahve to be the ones that have white choco and candy or cinnamon on them
miss ya
Laura

Allie said...

My favorite thing about this post? Avery's pigtails.

The Dumas Family said...

Cute fam! I miss you. I hope I can see you next time you're in town. Good luck with school Travis!

Papa John said...

Avery is getting some hair! WOW! That was fun to see that little pig tail on the top of her head...By the way, we stopped in KC and nobody came to see us at the airport...

Andrus Family said...

I love that you guys go and do fun little things with Avery. Live it up while you can - once you have #2, I swear all I do is stay home cause i sucks to load up the kids!!

Mandy said...

I love the smell of fall too! I swear I could wear a perfume that smelled like leaves on the ground. People would still like me...promise.
Avery is crazy cute. I love the owl shirt! I want an apple cider doughnut too!

Quela said...

Avery is getting so big already! I love the pigtails!