Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Going to the Temple, and We're...."


ARIGHT ALREADY!!!! I'm on it, ok? Now that boards are over, my only excuse is I am still in that post-test letdown period while all of my activities are devoted to myself. Milli finds herself even more neglected, oddly, and has to continually pull hair out to get me to update the blog. What better place to do it than gate C45 in the Denver airport? I am stuck here for two hours, more than enough time to get this done. By the way, all of you people I don't quite actually know yet, feel free to comment on how great I am for getting past test season.

Boards are a hard thing for your average medical student. I consider myself one of those. I have to say, though, the odds were stacked against me on these tests. The story starts about 22 years ago, when my brother Wes dropped me on my head, handing me my only concussion in my up-til-now-relatively-accident-free life. How many millions of brain cells were lost on that day only above average medical students may venture to guess. Fast forward to the present summer, when my doofus brother waited 36 years to get married DURING BOARDS WEEK!! I suppose he was just trying to finish off the job that he started so long ago. In response, I guess I roasted him pretty good during my toast at the wedding dinner. Sorry, man, but it was not only a pleasure but a duty of the upmost importance.

Ok, that was the intro. Wes got married! We flew to Utah for a quick weekend wedding fiesta, and left Utah even before they left the state on their honeymoon! We flew two nights before the wedding, and were able to spend wedding eve reacquainting ourselves with my family. The kids are huge, no kidding. We had a neat little wedding dinner at the Lion House near temple square, during which the last batch of "old batchelor" jokes were thrown at Wes. It was kind of a sentimental thing for me; we are all going to have to come up with some new material now!


Wedding day went off without a hitch. The Bountiful temple is gorgeous! During the ceremony, I think Wes had that same cheesy smile that I had plastered all over my face during our wedding. When you're in there, though, it just feels right to smile I suppose. After the wedding, everyone just waited and waited and waited while pictures were being taken. Wow, I don't remember people waiting for Milli and I that long! Seemed like they stuck their faces in front of the camera for a quick pic, and then poof, they were gone! All except for Tammy and Sadie, of course (thanks, ladies).



The backdrop for the reception was impressive. Wish I had a picture, but you will all have to trust me that the view from my brother's place in Glenwild (outside Park City, UT) is hard to beat. There were quite a few friends and family members there, and it was good to see them all. And there was some crazy moves on the dance floor, most provided by the Charles and Wilton families. The top dancers were (in no particular order) Milli, Tracie, and Jesse. The most impressive couples had to be Milli/Jesse and Alex/Shane.







All in all, a good solid trip back to the motherland. Our best wishes to the new couple, we are so happy for the both of you!!!!


7 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats Travis on making it through boards and on this fabulous post!

Daisie said...

Yea Travis!! I am so excited for you to be done with your boards! Can't wait to be hanging out with you guys soon!! P.S.- I want more pics with Milli's tummy in them! I am so excited for you guys!!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Baby, you look smokin' hot in that tux, you should do that more often! Oh and I don't even care if you ignore me just as long as its not over a stupid text book! ... ...

ps don't quote me on that when I get mad at you for playing video games.

S&J Jones Family said...

Looks like fun! My brother's wedding is comming up soon.

Sarah Oman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Oman said...

Lookin' sexy in the tux!!! Bam chicka wah wah...

John and Erin said...

Trav it's good to finally here from you. You need to get your head out of those books and come to San Fran to visit us. We'll be waiting. I know we still haven't come to visit you guys yet... Maybe when lil spud gets here.