Monday, July 28, 2008

Bundle of Joy!

Our friends Sarah and Jim are way cool, but not as cool as their new baby girl Evelynn Eileen Oman "Evie."




They adopted this cute baby girl two weeks ago; props to them because they only had three weeks notice! The Oman's are really rich and live on the Kansas side and little Evie was born in Missouri. According to the law, the child cannot cross the state border until all the legal mumbo jumbo is complete, even though they only live 20 minutes away! Since we are ghetto and we live in Missouri, the Oman family packed up their stuff (Travis required Jim to bring his X-box... Oh Gahhhh) and they stayed in our basement on our "pee" futon for the first 8 days of Evie's life while waiting for everything to go through.

It was a really neat experience to witness a babies first week of life. We know now what to expect, to a degree. She was a delight and Sarah and Jim weren't so bad themselves. We had a lot of fun; played games, played tennis, watched movies, had a contest to see who showered the least (won't mention the winner), made dinners, played with Evie and mostly watched Travis play X-box... did you know he totally rocks at Halo... that's way hot (not)!


The Oman's were set free to go home and are gone now. We miss them, but to be honest, mostly miss their daughter! After seeing the real Charles family I hope they still want to be friends!




Cute Family



Baby Evie




On the court already

So sleepy!
*PS all comments directed negatively towards Missouri are not meant to be taken seriously... its a great place, home of the Red X!

18 comments:

B-blog said...

Milli, I love your blogging! What a doll Evy is. Hopefully our babies are that cute :) You'll have to tell us about the "pee" futon. Missouri Rocks (no offence taken).

JC said...

Yes, they are LOOOAAAADDDEEEEDDDDD.

Hannah said...

Milli you are an awesome blogger!! What a cutie that little girl is! I need to hear the "pee" futon story.

Laura said...

Darn straight Missouri is the best place ever!

Natalie said...

We used to live up there, and yet I never had a chance to visit the Red X. I must put that on my to do list!!!

Boydston Family said...

wow you guys got practice before your baby came, well at leat the pee furniture is practice for things to come. No need to clean it.

Lance and Ariel said...

aw..you guys are cute! and what the heck, do you know what you're having yet or are you just trying to keep us guessing on purpose?! by the way, um yes...come surprise visit us! i would LOVE it! or maybe we can come surprise visit you :)

Quela said...

Seriously, is it going to be a boy or girl?? I can't believe you're 6 month prego and haven't found out yet... I think I guessed it a long time ago that you just don't want us to know. Or do you really not know yet? What's the deal man?
Oh, and the pee futon, I hope I never have to sleep on one of those. Remember when you peed your pants at hick's house, or on the way or something? That was hilarious! Could this pee futon have anything to do with you peeing your pants?

Anika said...

Milli... have you found out what you're having yet!???

Tracie said...

OK, so Milli, you have a talent at making me laugh. I love your guts.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

How fun and what a beautiful baby !

Amy said...

Congratulations on your exciting news! I didn't know you were expecting!! Yay Love amy allred

Jim Oman said...

Travis DOES totally rock at Halo!!! Oh and I'm pretty sure Halo played a role in Travis winning the contest of fewest showers during that week. Thanks again for letting us crash with ya'll. The "pee futon" really wasn't THAT bad. ;)

Crystal said...

I am so glad you got experience the first weeks of the newborn to see what you are in for...there great just not much sleep. I think you need to really find out what you are having. Are you going to continue to work? I haope that your summer hasnt been to bad considering that you are pregnant and it freaking hot outside!! Way to go on being a supporting wife through travis journey.. I bet it was hard. are you planning on moving back to utah?

Cynthia and Bryan said...

How do I get the thing on my page about who has updated ?

Tamara Jacobs said...

Cute little baby-I like her name a lot. We love it here in Missouri! We would love to meet up with you guys sometime and thanks so much for offering us to stay if we come to Kansas city. If you ever want to come to Kirksville-it's a pretty happenin town..ha, or if you want to go to Nauvoo you can always stay at our place too!

Jamie Dana said...

Hi Milli! Congrats on the little Spud! I am so excited for you guys!! Ben and I want to come to KS to visit everyone in the next month or two. It would be fun to see you guys too.

I LOVE the colors you chose to paint the rooms in your house. It looks great!

Jackie Jones said...

Awww, how cute! I need to go visit sometime them so I can see her!