Monday, July 21, 2008

My Boo

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing for you people out there, but Trav is one step closer to practicing medicine. He passed his medical boards this week! Don't worry or flea the country; he still has two years of clinical rotations and two more series of boards to take. He is a genius because he not only passed but he got a little above average on the test. He worked harder for this test than I have ever seen him work! Sorry I nagged so much. I'm so proud of him! Its been a little crazy around here so besides a nice pat on the back from me; we didn't do to much to celebrate. I imagined in my head a huge celebration dinner but just never got around to it... sorry! However; its never too late to celebrate so Trav; if you are reading this we are going to go to a Japanese Steak house to celebrate!

There is your future MD! (PS thanks for the hair cut Brandi, he really needed it!)

I'm so excited to have a fun husband again. We have started playing tennis again (very convenient for him because I'm 6 months prego and not as agile as before). The rest of the Summer is going to ROCK! I declare its the summer of Trav '08.

16 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats Travis! It's so nice to have that whole thing over and done with. Chris passed too, so I guess they'll both be doctors someday. Have fun celebrating!

Dave said...

Trav--

Congrats! See you soon--we'll have to celebrate.

Jill said...

Congrats Dr Charles!!! That's so exciting! Mill...do you still not know boy or girl?! I want to see pictures of pregnant Millie since I didn't get to go to your shower!

Lauren Perry said...

Yay TRAVIS! That is soooo cool! I second that it is the summer of Travis 08. I hope you are able to kick back and enjoy yourselves before SPUD comes!

Allie said...

Congrats to Trav! Can't wait until you are our family doctor, we will expect huge discounts.
No sign of spud's genitalia?

Tracie said...

NO FAIR YOU JERKS! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY TENNIS UNTIL THE REST OF US CATCH UP TO YOU!

Laura said...

Yay! Way to go Travis!!!! =) Let me know when you are completing your rotations at Childrens Mercy-- I'll be on the 3rd floor (NICU). I can shelter you under my wing... or something exciting like that!

TC Jolley said...

Yeah, congrats Trav, it was worth the sacrafice of not having you around much while we were visiting... in fact, I'm going to take all the credit! Love you guys!

Brandi Hastings said...

Congrat's Trav! Nice relief huh?? I will have to say that yours was the longest hair I have cut on a guy! lol
You sport it well!
Good job on the whole "supporting your husband" too Milli! Takes strong wives huh?

Kate said...

Congrats! That is awesome...I'm sure he'll be a great doc -- as long as he doesn't walk into the patient's room with that same look on his face as when he got his hair cut!

Boydston Family said...

congrats!! Doctors are looking younger and younger!!! (sing this next line) Cellllllebrate Good Times Come ON!!!

Natalie said...

Congrats to Travis and to you milli for getting your husband back for a time. I think it's time for another profile shot of that belly of yours.

John and Erin said...

Well done Travioso! That's exciting. Now you can come visit us because your for sure going to be rich. So just put some plane tickets on that credit card of yours and come play.

Sarah Oman said...

Yo Travis! maybe you need to play tennis more.

the murdocks said...

Congrats Travis! I bet you guys are pumped! Man alive, medical school/residency seems like it lasts 29 years...he is well on his way to being done. And about the running...I'm so happy you can be lazy with me. Although the only time I run is when I have to run the mile 1/2 in gym class, I feel ya. I bet you are getting braxton hicks...I get them constantly and they suck. They don't hurt a ton but just really uncomfortable! Milli I want to see your belly again! I have a hard time imagining you with anything but a ten pack.

Tam the Gram said...

Travis we are so proud of you, what an accomplishment. . .WOW!