Sunday, February 23, 2014

The big 3

Brooklyn turned three in January! I was just going to do a little tiny birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's with her cousins, but at the last minute I thought it would be more fun to do an easy little Frozen themed party at the park. All I can say is, always go with the Chuck E. Cheese idea! And I guess I can also say, Pinterest kind of sucks because everything looks so easy but IT IS NOT! It turned out fun and cute and they were happy, so I guess it was worth it.


I made zucchini muffins with snow on the top, snowman mini pizzas, Frozen punch, ritz crackers with snowflake cheeses and frozen play dough for party favors.


And I made this horrific cake

It was supposed to look like this

But I tried to find the characters to put on the cake, and it would have cost me 40 bones! I love you Brooklyn, but Jeez, I couldn't do it. 

The cake was semi OK until about an hour after Tice and I put the candy mountains on it. They were so thick and heavy that they were causing major erosion in the cake. About 30 minutes into the party, the cake was pretty much cut 1/3rd of the way down due to the mountains. 
#pintrestfail1

Also, my sweet sister Tice made the cute ice cube jellos. She went to the store twice and couldn't find blue jello. So she had to dye the jello, but what colors make blue? Its a primary color, so basically nothing makes a great blue so she tried food coloring, mixing with other colors, etc. And then when the jello was done, it was totally sticking to the dish, so the cubes weren't as thick.
#pintrestfail2

Seriously, Chuck E. Cheese, people.

I have to say that the weather was amazing! The kids had a ball. They made snowmen
And played "pin the carrot on the Olaf." We couldn't find Brooklyn when it was her turn, so we turned around, and her hand was in the cake! That cake just didn't have a chance.

The kids played on the playground until it was time for cake. They didn't seem to mind the crumbly heaps I gave them.

She opened presents and got a bunch of awesome things! A Frozen doll and a bike horn from her cousins, a fun game from Claire, A Frozen book and play make up from the Taylor's, and a cute Minnie mouse bike helmet and a stinking cute dress from my mom and dad. Oh and we bought her a balance bike! She hates it. But we are making her try!

It was a lot of fun!

This is her actual birthday, the next day.




We had pancakes for dinner and stuck her candles in them because Heaven knows I wasn't going to make another cake!!!

Oh Brooklyn, how we love you!
You are my snuggle buddy. You will always snuggle and let me maul you for a long time. We have a thing we do with each other that we call "face snuggling" where we just rub eachother's faces with our own face... uh it sounds weird, but its cute OK




You are a total Mama's girl. You tell me you love me everyday. The other day you said, "mama, I love you, you're not stupid." Such a sweetie!


You sure know how to work it with people. No matter who they are, you will wrap anyone around your fingers.


You love to pretend SO much. That is all you would do all day long if you could. We will be in the bathroom getting ready, and you will pretend that the big brush is the daddy and the little comb is the mommy. You pretend with rocks, batteries, kitchen utensils, you name it.


You love Avery (most of the time).


You are very stubborn and hard headed. You aren't afraid to go and get whatever you want, even if that means climbing to the top of the pantry to get chocolate only to come down to a very angry mom. 



You have the curviest cutest little body. I want to eat your thighs. We think you are gonna be a really good athlete.


You love milk, but it has to be warm, in a baba with a lid.



You are on track to be a vegan. You love veggies, rice, quinoa (we call fung fung) and fish. The other day we were eating spaghetti, and broccoli and you wanted more broccoli, we had to actually tell you to eat your noodles first.


You are excited to have a little sister, you tell me all the time that you are going to rock her when she comes out. That will be fun :)


You have a very good memory. You will remember the most random things that we tell you.


You love music, especially pop music. You sing "roar" and "firework". You know who Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding and Beyonce are.


You know all of your letters and what they say. You aren't too interested in writing them though. You can spell your name. 




You have the longest eye lashes and your hair is still curly. We haven't cut it yet because I don't want the curl to go away, so its really long, especially when we straighten it. Its not all the same length so it looks funny when we do straighten it.


Just like the rest of the country's little girls, you are obsessed with the movie Frozen and will sing the songs all day long.


You toot like a man. No joke.



Your nick name is Mae Mae

You are stubborn and will throw tantrums if you don't get your way

Man we love you!!!! Happy Birthday little girl!







4 comments:

Tracie said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl, that only a mama could write.

Papa John said...

The other day the world lost a beautiful person in Shirley Temple.
When I heard, my thoughts turned immediately to Brooklyn, wherein the memory of the Good Ship Lollipop and all she has meant to this world will live on in my little Brooklyn.

Unknown said...

Sup w your pics? I can't see most of them.

Tice said...

Those eyes. That girl is the best. I love her so much. Oh and we suck forever… #pinterestfail10000000