Monday, December 30, 2013

Toothless

On Christmas Eve, our little niece Anabelle lost her first tooth.

It was a Christmas miracle because the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus were going to be coming on the same night. Tice and I were wondering if they would hook up during the night... uh, did I really just type that? K back to the point. 

Anabelle must have been contagious, because 3 days later, Avery let out a loud scream in the kitchen. I ran in there and she told me her tooth was loose. I kind of just thought she was being silly, but I checked and it really was loose. 

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of sad. She just barely turned 5 and was going to lose a tooth? Her little baby tooth was going to be gone and an adult tooth would take its place. I'm just not ready for this stuff!

The next day we were at church and Avery came running up to me after it was over and said, "mama, I pulled my tooth out." Her tooth was in a zip lock baggy and just as she said, she had pulled it out during Sunday school. Sigh.

The tooth fairy made it to our house that night, and we had a very happy girl in the morning.
STOP GROWING UP AVERY GRACE!!!

2 comments:

Tice said...

What do you mean you aren't witty anymore??!!! HAHA, that comment about the Tooth Fairy and Santa hooking up… you perv. Mrs. Clause would be so mad and I would TOTALLY tell on them! Bella has since lost her 2nd tooth… my baby :(

Tam the Gram said...

Oh, the sweet little girls... and their teeth!