Sunday, November 24, 2013

Turkey in Utah

Don't you think its funny how one meal is such a big deal? You take work off, drive hundreds of miles to partake of a meal that usually makes you want to off yourself after eating because you ate so much! I know, I know, its not about the meal, its about the people. I do love this time of year. You are expected to pause and just be with your loved ones... and get fat.

We were lucky enough to be able to get home to Utah this Thanksgiving. Can I just say the drive from Arizona versus the drive from Missouri is joyous. When we arrived in the middle of the night after only 10 1/2 hours versus 16 I was like, "What? wait, we are here already!"

OK lots to cover.

First off, we went to Maddox's birthday party.

I had been harboring a baby in my tummy for about 17 weeks. We wanted to wait till we were in Utah to tell our family.

I was on the fence about stealing Maddie's thunder because it was his party after all, but Travis didn't feel guilty one bit and we spilt the beans.

I wanted to tell everyone in the cute traditional way where your little girls wear T-shirts that say, "big sister." Travis again had other ideas.

He gave Tracie, his sister our ultra sound picture and told her to pretend it was hers. Tracie just had her fourth baby, and has been very clear that she is done birthing children. Anyways, she played an academy award winning role to Kathryn and John (Trav's parents) about how Mike slipped one past and how she is 15 weeks pregnant, etc. Kathryn and John were shocked and just sat there in awe. I kind of think Kathryn was actually a little bit mad at Tracie for not telling her she was pregnant for that long.

I couldn't take it anymore because the charade kept going, and it kept getting more and more awkward because their reaction was not one of excitement for Tracie, but more of worry and shock.

Finally the cat got out of the bag and we told them it was really our ultra sound. You would not believe the night and day reaction they had. They both jumped up and cheered and came and gave us hugs. I think they were extra excited because of the relief they felt. Tracie, you really need to think about some permanent birth control, you are DONE having kids!

Telling my parents was a little anti-climatic. I think everyone just expects that we should be having a baby since Brooklyn is almost three. I did do the cute T-shirts for my girls. They came up one morning in shirts that said, "Big sister." It seriously took my mom and hour to realize what was going on after Avery finally gave her a huge nudge about the shirt.

Oh well, I'm just glad I can talk about being pregnant. It was really hard to not whine to my mom while I was sick!

The rest of the trip went by fast!

We...


Went digging at Thanksgiving point with my mom for Dino fossils and were very successful. "Don't take my land," is a famous quote from Brooklyn when any other paleontologist would come near.

We...

Went to City Creek mall

We...
 ate lots of yummy cereal at the Jones house with our cousins.

We... 
Bathed.

Well, some of us did. Cough cough.

We...
Hung out with our Nanny

We...
Ran into some Kansas City friend in Utah at Cafe Rio
It was bazaar! We miss the Storres.

We...
Ate a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with the Charles family







I'm still full. Thank you everybody (especially Mama Kath)

We...
Went to a couple movies
LOVED it! 

I have to admit, I saw this one twice while I was there
It was good, I don't even care if I'm a groupie, crowd follower.


We...
Just hung out a bunch





After 9 crazy days we headed back to Arizona


It was a good time














3 comments:

Papa John said...

And we miss our Globe, Az family, but will see you once again in about a week in SLO...these mini-reunions are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Who's that fat guy with the Pie? I love the half-tuck approach with the undersized shirt.

Tam the Gram said...

Yeah Milli, love the walk down memory lane..... you are a good writer!