Friday, May 17, 2013

Kim and Jesse

Remember our awesome friends the Washburns? They came back to visit from South Dakota! And Avery and Jane picked up right where they left off! They played for two days straight. If anyone knows the Washburns, they would know that they would never go on a lazy trip. They came to race in the Ft. Leavenworth triathlon. I thought, what the hey, I should do it with them. So we did! The only thing was that this triathlon turned into a duathlon because of the frigid temperatures. They canceled the swim, so that we wouldn't freeze to death (thankfully) and turned it into a run bike run. This was to my advantage because I had been in the pool one time to train and running is more my thing. 

This was after the first run, I had to shed a layer because I was so hot... it was 40 degrees.

This was the bike part


Travis told me that I always look so painful coming in from the bike portion of the event. Maybe I need to work on my biking a little?

And here is the finish


From the past, I have learned that the run at the end of a TRI is the hardest! I planned ahead and packed my ipod. Unprofessional, yes, but did it help, totally! Thank you Justin Timberlake and Mumford and Sons for taking my mind off the pain.

And Thanks to the best fans in the world

Trav took work off so he could be there, and he watched their Wendy and our Brooklyn.

I took first in the old 30 to 34 age group 

And Kim and Jesse took second in their groups


And Brooklyn is just cute


It was fun, I miss my running/biking buddy

Besides the race, us girls went out on the town with Kim. Our way hip friend, Angela, invited us to go to a couple antique furniture stores downtown.

They were awesome!

Then we went to a crepe restaurant. I'm not a fan of crepes because they remind me of eating skin, but anything dolloped with nutella is accepted in my mouth, and they had amazing hot chocolate!
It was such a great night!

I love the Washburns. It was like the good old times! 

3 comments:

Tam the Gram said...

I am busting laughing about "eating crepes/eating skin!"
Even though I don't live in Riverside,I have so many fond memories! What a wonderful place to have had so many experiences and make so many lifelong friends. I love Riverside and have loved seeing you and Trav grow and deal with tough times and stress. (a little emotion)Love you guys and can't wait til next week.......yeah!

Papa John said...

Yup, one more time in Riverside for us...great times...forever friends, but bustin out of the projects is good too...onto bigger and better things in where? GLOBE, AZ...where else...

Tice said...

Of course you took 1st! You rock!!!