Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Remember when?

Hey Travis, yeah, I'm talking to you. 

Remember when we were just friends?
Our relationship was strictly platonic:)

Remember our dating days? 

Remember when we were the best Halloween costume ever!

Remember when I went to California to meet your family, and on the drive back we stopped in Vegas and your parents made us take these weird and awkward pictures?

Remember how we loved the outdoors!


Remember how we almost died doing Slick Rock


Remember how we would hang out every day no matter what?

Remember when you proposed... impromptuly. I wouldn't have had it any other way

Remember when we went to Mexico when we were engaged, with my parents? Good thing you stunk, because that may have been a tempting trip!


Remember when we got all pretty to take our engagements, and then it snowed and our photographer rescheduled it for another day?

Remember when we got married? And how you were late, and I was getting real nervous?
Seriously, who loses track of time on their wedding day?

Remember how they sent us home 2 days early from our honeymoon because our cruise ship burned down?


You were my hero that day

Remember when we lived in the tiny duplex in SoJo for the first 5 months of our marriage? 
 
That is where I went jogging and had to come home early because I pooped my pants. TMI? Sorry, but that is my most memorable moment living there.

Remember our first Easter?

Remember how we packed up everything we owned and drove to Kansas City without a place to live?


Remember when you started medical school?
Our lives calmed down a bit

Remember the Chiefs game we went to?
I saw a side I had never seen of you that day

Remember all the games we would go to?
Royals
 BYU bowl game
That Tulsa game was sure awesome

Remember how you used to LOVE other people's kids
And then we had our own...

Remember our camping trips to Table Rock Lake?


 Remember that one time I let you grow your hair out?
I hope you cherished that moment

Remember when we got a web cam?
Weren't you supposed to be studying?

Remember when we would go on dates to downtown KC and not really know what the heck we were doing?

Remember my first marathon
You were there at the end waiting for me

Remember our St. Patties day run?


Remember when it was just the two of us and we could do whatever we wanted to do?

Remember how this was your last known picture before you entered the infinite job of fatherhood?

I just wanted to tell you that the past 7 years have been a whirlwind. I hear this is the year when we are supposed to get the "itch." I'm pretty sure that if I haven't left you by now, we will be good :) I love you and can't wait for the rest of our lives! Happy Anniversary (3 weeks late).

7 comments:

Papa John said...

What life experiences the two of you have had...may you enjoy the next eight years even more than the first eight! Stay happy!!!

Rachael Charles said...

I LOVE this post!! I missed the first couple years of you guys, so it was nice getting filled in (and learn about you filling your pants jogging!) Classic.

Tice said...

I love this post! And I love that I was a witness to so many of these experiences! So excited for more to come! (and yeah Trav, if she hasn't left yet... she'll stay forever!)

Tam the Gram said...

So many memories..... very funny and special. So glad we have been along for the ride. We love you both and are so proud (the good kind) of you. You went to Kansas with no couch and you are leaving with no couch.... but you have two beautiful girls and Travy is a Doc and you have become a really amazing person (breadmaker and all) Love you, see you soon.

Mama Kath said...

Wow! This is enjoyable to see some of the steps you took to get where you are. Both of you have achieved so much to be proud of! Looking back, would either of you do anything differently? It's great that both of you decided to hang in there through all. The sum of it has given your little family a solid beginning of a wonderful life together. We are all so proud of you!

Allie said...

You forgot to remind him of all the visits from the McFarland family...

Unknown said...

Great stuff - I would say that if you stayed with Trav past his stinkiness in Mexico, that it's meant to be. With Trav, THAT's the true test of the relationship.