Sunday, September 9, 2007

Arrowhead





We have never lived in a city with an NFL team, so naturally we have become Chief's fans. Sure, I know what you're all saying right now. The Chief's are going to start sucking. Well, that may be true, but at least we got to go to Arrowhead stadium to see them take on the Dolphin's. The idea just worked for us, as it was a preseason game (MUCH cheaper than regular season) on a week night, and it just so happened that we would get to see Mr. John Beck in some of the only action he should see this season. Our friends were going, so we just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

So I got the tickets, Milli got us some stylish Chief's gettup, and we made the plans to go. Turns out, Milli had to work before the game, so we couldn't go early to watch Beck warm up. In fact, we were going to have to hurry to get there on time. I picked her up on the way to the game, and drove fast so I could get in line in the freeway. Traffic was bad. That was when some serious instincts kicked in. Slow traffic, get in the left lane, maybe it will go faster, right? No. Get in the right lane, take every exit, and then get back on. I think the freeway entrances and exits are designed for that specific purpose. It was cheap, I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I think I gained at least 20 minutes with my superior driving skills.

Finally, the freeway starts moving, and we approach the stadium. We wanted to park for free, outside the stadium parking lot, so I had to figure out how to get to a decent place. We took the exit to Arrowhead, and found ourselves on a one-way road directly into the stadium parking lot. As I frantically searched for a way out, I realized that there wasn't any. When I got to the rip off booth (22$ to park), I asked how to turn around. Turns out there wasn't any. I told them I didn't have the money to park and asked if I could drive through, but they wouldn't let me. Instead, they had to close the ripoff booth stop the traffic, and let me go out the way I came in.

Did I mention it was a one-way street we came in on? Well, for the next mile, I once again had to demonstrate my amazing driving abilities as I took on 3 lanes of crazy Chief's fans who were late to the game, flying around corners to get there on time. Needless to say it was a bit scary. We made it, though, and we finally found a place for a huge discount (we only paid 15$).

Convinced that I could not get into the place with 2 liters of gatorade stuffed down my pants (they were frisking everyone as they entered), I had to drink as much as I could without throwing up before we entered. We finally got there just in time for the teams to take the field.

During the game, Milli and I didn't mind the scary loud guy spitting on us from the row behind, because Beck played the whole second half and won the game for the Dolphins. But the best part of the game may have been the crazy drunk couple that sat to our right that would just not shut up! I love football.

9 comments:

Allie said...

Great Post, Milvis. We love football, too, but the only action we get is bingham high school.

TC Jolley said...

How fun! Wish we could have been there... although I would have skipped the near death experience of Travis' driving! LOL! And GO DOLPHINS, you know they are Jon's team right... I think! Love ya both :)

Mike said...

I wet my pants. More more more, I demand it!

Mike said...

PS...that was Tracie.

Lauren Perry said...

You guys are soo fun and cute!!! Come back to Utah!

La said...

still pretty sad we couldn't go with you guys. danny loves the dolphins. fun to see trav doing the posting. danny wouldn't even know we had a blog if i didn't make him look at it occasionally.

Jess Perry said...

Trent would love to live in a city that has a professional baseball team. You guys are so cute and I am so glad you said hello and we can keep in touch through blogging.

Unknown said...

No joke on Travis's driving - I hope no one threw up in the car.

J and E Mayfield said...

Phenominal driving Trav! I'm right there with ya.. you gotta do what ya gotta do. Plus I love that you shut down the booth and caused a scene. They deserved it though, 22 bucks is outrageous for parking. Sounds like a memmorable one! Wish I could have been there with you guys. Sure love ya