Monday, April 7, 2008

Green races, eggs, pelvic exams and Sid

Did I grab your attention? Well I have a couple little things to talk about and the above title outlines the agenda...

We are going to go on a trip back to St. Patricks day. I realize that was almost a month ago, but things have been busy (and I was waiting for Trav to write about our wonderful getaway to Arkansas, so its mostly his fault). We (that is right "we" meaning TRAVIS and me) ran in a four mile St. Patties day race with our friends Sarah and Jim. It was a pretty cold day, in fact it snowed earlier on, but the die hards all made it out. I was kind of glad it was cold because Trav and I sure didn't want to fork out 30 bucks each to run in a race anyways, and the cold meant people would be wearing lots of layers which would hide the running numbers that you pin on that we didn't have. So, maybe we are cheap? Anyway it was a fun day, it was in a cool part of town, and we finished. Then we accidentally partook of the free food for the runners after, again don't judge, we were spent and there was plenty!


There are always freaks at each race.



Changing topics, I wanted to mention a fun tradition we have going on. This was the 2ND annual egg dying contest. For the past two years we have dyed Easter eggs with our friends Alisha and Orson Bangert and Rob and Britney Graham. I'm so mad I didn't take any pictures (I have been such a slacker) but it was a great night. My egg won for being the ugliest, Trav's won for being the most suck-up to the judge who was Orson (Trav painted a muscle guy on the egg and called him Orson) and Britney won for the best overall. Its funny because none of us have kids which is usually the reason people dye eggs... we just enjoy it! The next Sunday was Easter and the Easter bunny made a killing. I dropped many subtle hints that all I wanted was mini cadberry eggs, I even bought two bags just in case the Easter bunny forgot, but he didn't and we ended up having two huge freezer bags full of candy. Gross!

The next thing and probably the thing that really grabbed your attention in the title is pelvic exams. No, I'm not sharing a personal story that happened to me. Since the day Travis started school we have heard about this day that would be coming... the students call it "vagina day." This is when the students perform their first pelvic exams on real women. The day finally came and Trav made it through. He said he survived but is wondering if he needs to talk to his bishop now?

Last but not least my dad, Sid, came to visit us this past weekend. It was a fun little visit we had with him. We mostly ate a lot of good food, watched some conference and watched a little basketball. Its funny how you want to impress your parents by showing that you are all grown up with your own clean place and your life in order; when in all reality they lived with you your whole life and know that deep down you are a slob! We had a lot of good talks and laughs. Its really fun seeing family and friends (hint hint, come and visit!)
They are intently listening to conference.

24 comments:

Camille said...

Milli, it is only fair that I come visit you next...promise to buy me as many diet cherry cokes as I can drink in an evening and I'll book my flight!

Jess Perry said...

Haha!! My brother went through the same thing when he was going to school. Gotta love that week of the exams on women and men!! Fun times!

Oh and also...way to focus on conference. Just kidding!

JC said...

For ideas on what to do when they fall asleep during conference, take a look at this: http://www.swampbrat.net/2008/04/why-you-dont-fall-asleep-during.html

Allie said...

Great post, I can only imagne travis in that situation! That is hilarious!

Andrus Family said...

You crack me up! I can just see you jumping into the race all bundled up so that you don't have to pay...sounds like me!

Quela said...

Vagina Day, huh!? For me it's Vagina week and it comes once a month.

Good jog on the 4 miler. I'm not much of a runner, so 4 miles is way too much to run all at once for me. Love the visors. Yeah PIV's!

TC Jolley said...

HAHA! Nice dad and Trav! I'm sure they got a lot from that talk! You didn't tell me Trav made it through his first V-day... yikes! Glad you had fun with dad, talk to you soon.

Camille said...

Milli, you've got homework. I tagged you on my blog.

J and E Mayfield said...

My kind of race! That looks like it was a blast.

Anika said...

Milli- I just laugh when I read your blog! If I dyed an Easter egg, it would for sure win the ugliest award... so not worries! Tell Trav to go and talk to the Bishop- THAT IS HILARIOUS! lol!

Isaac Family said...

Milli you honestly crack me up! It sounds like you've been pretty productive!

Kate said...

Oh Milli! You kill me! Me and Lindsey talk all the time about your funny blogs -- by the way, she is spying on you via your blog! Now Trav has nothing to live for - vagina day is over -- what's next?!?

Stephanie said...

Hey! You are too funny! I'm so glad you like your flowers! You bet I have been dreaming about fires every night and I made Daren double check all the smoke alarms. You are so cute!

TC Jolley said...

I'm waiting!

Mandy said...

gross. Poor Travis. Pee pees are gross and I feel bad for him. I also feel bad for the poor girl that had some sloppy first timer checking her out! Gross. I love the green run! I am kinda glad that you cheated too so I feel better by myself.
I wish Addi would learn to sleep through conference, that would make it so much cooler!

paulnmea said...

Milli, I love reading your blog. And yes, that part of Kansas was for sure the butthole of the America. I only wish I could have been at the ladies head when Travis examined her to see his face. Hilarious!! I miss you tons. When are you coming home?

Lauren Perry said...

Hahaha! I hope Travis made it as uncomfortable as possible on those girls. That would have been super funny. Like ask them what their favorite movie is while he is checking, lol. Brian watched conference that way too ;) When do you come to Utah next? Thanks for the comments on my house :) I think its cute :) Cannon loves it, he is already about to break it.

Crystal said...

So do the girls who are Looked at just volenteer? Man there is no way I would ever do that. that is really funny. Anyways, I have been waiting for the pics of the run. Sara said you had some.Looks like fun....

Tam the Gram said...

Travis, did you make eye contact? I told Janet about V-day when we were running and she almost wet her pants laughing! Thanks for taking such good care of dad. We miss you, Travis and Spud.

Jill said...

ha ha! I like you Iona Mcguilicutty!! You make me laugh!

Jill said...

Mill, Can I just tell you how HAPPY I AM FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait for another FC that resembles my good pal Iona to come into this world. I hope the pregnancy is going good. Oh gees, all my friends are just gettin the job done. Strong work Mill! Strong work!...

Lauren Perry said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS :) I am glad that I can say congrats now :) I have been holding it in for a while, waiting for you to announce it :) Cannon is going to have a new little buddy!

S&J Jones Family said...

That's funny.

S&J Jones Family said...

[P.S. I think I'm going to leave one liners for comments from now on? :) Haha]