Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Utah part II

This is the part when the Jolley's arrived from Phoenix.

All we did was swim and BBQ.

Avery told me if she could live anywhere in the world, it would be Grandma Tam's house.


 
I wouldn't object. 

For some reason when we are at my Mom's house, our kids always take baths in her kitchen sink. Maybe its because her sink is bigger than our tub?



Avery and Brooklyn were in Heaven because all they did was play with their cousins.


I was in Heaven because I didn't have to entertain them at all.

I kept asking Brayden if he would just come and live with me in Kansas City so I could get things done, and for some weird reason he kept declining.


Strange kid. I love him!


So, if you didn't hear, Utah was on fire when we got there.  There were like 3 wildfires while I was there, and 1 was a little too close for comfort.
A little too close for comfort, luckily no houses were taken out on this one!

We also went on a couple of hikes, which is one of my favorite things to do in Utah.

I'm trying so hard to get my kids into hiking.


Its just cool OK

Now I am going to talk about the 4th of July

Everyone knows how much I love this day.

It is my favorite.

I have spent the last 2 years away from my sweet husband.

What the crap?

We still made the best of it and I will tell you why.

We woke up, went on a hike, went out to breakfast, came home and swam all day, got ready and went to the Sandy city parade, and watched fireworks while slurping up a slurpee.

How can any day be better?


 I just love all of my cousins, they are the best! And my uncle Scott rocks!


 I love my Grandma, she makes Utah home for me



Yes, I happened to be related to this...
 Scary

Do you think anyone else made a cake/pancake/toast with strawberries and blueberries? 
Well, I think they did because they were out of blueberries at the store and I had to buy the organic blueberries which were one dollar per blueberry. I hope you liked it people!

Utah is a fine place. I'm always so happy to see my friends and family. 

Oh yeah, and friends, sorry I always forget to take pictures! I'm just so enthralled in seeing you and catching up that I don't even think about taking pictures until after. I promise I'm not making friends up, I have some.

And Mom, thanks so much for being my husband while my real husband was gone. You always made sure I got my exercise in, my naps in and my friend time in. You are the best!

2 comments:

Tice said...

So fun!!! PS- I'm hot!!!!!

Tam the Gram said...

Regarding the patriotic cake...... did you spot the missing 50 cent berry? I am glad you like to cook and are good at it, you have become my teacher. . . can I be your "pet"?