Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Utah part 1

We (minus Travis) went to Utah! I flew with Brooklyn and Avery was lucky enough to drive with Mumu and Grandpa from Kansas City (or maybe I was the lucky one, not having to fly alone with two wigglies!)

We met up with the Charles clan at a park in Park City.

I took my camera, hoping to get a couple of good shots of all the cousins, etc. I don't even know why I bothered to take my camera, because I have two sister in laws that can sure snap a shot! So I'm just going to say that I took about 5 pictures, and stole the rest from them. They are amazing!

The only bad thing about stealing their pictures, is that most of them were of us, and not them. 

Actually, most of them were of Brooklyn. She is sort of cute right now, so there were about 50 great shots of her that I just had to post. 

I feel kind of bad, because this post is to show that we actually saw our family, but what you are going to see is a mural of Brooklyn shots.

Sorry.
I just had to be that mom for one minute. 

OK now to the original point of the post.

The Charles picnic

I feel that the truest friendship is one where you pick up right where you leave off, no matter how horrible you are at keeping in contact.

This is how it is with Avery's cousins. The minute they saw each other, there were no awkward pauses, just friends wanting to play!

They got down and dirty fast...
 ...We see that nose pick Maddox, and Declan, sorry Avery is so forward and tried to kiss you so much, you are just so dang cute! She will learn one day, that its not OK to date your 1st cousin. And Liam, thanks for being so nice to little Brooklyn. And Dom Dom, you may not know it right now, but you and Brooklyn are gonna be best friends! And little Aiden, thanks for all the smiles. You are one sweet and special baby!

Oh yeah, and the adults weren't awkward either... we jumped right into talking about who was going to win the bachelorette, and then we had an intense volleyball game. Of course the Wilton's won, big surprise BYU volleyball alumni. Its like playing a basketball game with Michael Jordan. I will say though, Wes and I gave them a game though!


Thanks for the pizza, salad, pictures and fun talks you weird in-laws.

4 comments:

Papa John said...

Brooklyn...she reminds me so much of that little child heart throb by the name of Shirley Temple...it would take my generation or older to appreciate her fully...
Anyhows, Brooklyn, in so many of her shots looks just like her. So here's to you Brooklyn:
"It's the good ship lollipop,
It's a sweet trip to a candy shop,
Where Bon Bons play,
On the sunny beach of Peppermint Bay..."

Unknown said...

We had that game all wrapped up, and then I blew it.

Tracie said...

Wes blew it.

Rachael Charles said...

We are lame because we were supposed to come swim that week and time got away from us. We have A LOT to catch up on...(Jef and Emily, for one.) Can we schedule a conference call?