Friday, September 24, 2010

Letters to the important people in my life

Dear Avery,








Sorry you got pink eye on Sunday, and then the flu bug on Monday and all we did was stay inside and watch Elmo and Sleeping Beauty. And then, sorry that I got sick on Tuesday with that same annoying bug, and also sorry that I'm extra wussy when I'm pregnant and had a hard time finding ANY energy to do anything but turn on Elmo and Sleeping Beauty. Sorry that I haven't washed Baby Rita for 3 days after you barfed on her. I know you have been wanting to sleep with her, but she is lying right next to the washer.



Dear Travis,




Sorry that this week, when you have arrived home from your long 12+ hour days, the house has been a wreck! Sorry we are out of dishwashing detergent and there are a sink full of dishes. Sorry I'm too tired to go to the store and I have to ask you to mooch off the hospital and bring home milk for Avery. Sorry I haven't been as sympathetic to you for how tired you are all of the time and sorry for giving you a hard time for wanting to go to bed at 9 every night for the past 4 weeks. Sorry I have been a wuss about getting sick. Sometimes I don't want you to be a husband, and I want you to be a doctor and fix me! At least your rotation is over today, and you will be home more. YESSSSSSSSS!








Dear Mom,




I sure wished you lived near me at times like this. Being a mom is hard when you are sick. You can't call in sick! I surely would have dumped Avery off on you for a couple of days. Oh and I sure would have loved some of your weird witch doctor remedies to help me through my sickness. We miss you and can't wait till October.







Dear Baby Charo,





Sorry I have only fed you Coca-cola and gatorade for the past couple of days. I know you aren't too happy, because I can feel you kicking around more and more. I have had lots of Braxtin Hicks contractions, so I know that I'm a little dehydrated, but I promise, as soon as I can, I will eat the biggest chocolatiest brownie I can. That should make you happy!







Dear KC Chiefs,



Bravo so far on the season. We can't believe you are 2-0 so far. Its nice to finally have a team in Kansas City win (no offense Royals). I know time will come, and you will probably blow it, but until then, we are excited for your new team! We sure wished we could go to your Monday night football game two weeks ago, but the tickets were out of this world! Maybe you could pull some strings and hook us up sometime?






Dear Discovery Health Channel,



Thank you for supplying me with endless episodes of, "I didn't know I was pregnant," "Mystery Diagnosis," and "Birthday" episodes. I am a little addicted to you, and had the excuse of being sick to sit down and watch you. I feel like I could be a doctor now, who needs medical school anyways?




Dear Glee,



Thank you for starting the week I got sick. I really did watch you 3 times this week because, really, all I could do was lie on the couch. New Filipino girl, you are amazing. I got chills all 3 times I watched you perform.



Dear Sleeping Beauty Fairies,





I grew up watching and loving you, but I'm kind of getting annoyed by your tactics. Really, all you had to do was keep Aurora safe for one more night, and you were careless with your magic, and then you left her alone! You knew what was going to happen as clear as a bell! You are getting on my nerves!




Dear Sonic,


Thank you for your amazing slushies! I always am sad because KC doesn't have those snow shacks on every corner like Utah does, you know a place to sale shaved ice, so you are the second best thing I could ask for. Plus, they sure make up for your sucky food!






Dear Suzanne Collins,



Great job on the Hunger Games series. I just finished Mocking Jay. After I finished it, I just sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling for 15 minutes just thinking about what my feelings were towards the finish. After regrouping, I came to the conclusion that you are no Stephanie Meyer. Which, I think I am glad. Her endings are just too good to be true, yours are a little more realistic. I learned a lot from reading, and I'm very grateful for the amazing roller coasters you took me on. I"m sad to think that it is over!





And finally, Dear viewer(s),




I think I may be done for now. I've had a lot on my mind this week. Being sedentary does this to you. We are all doing better and can't wait for next week so we can start fresh!




Love, Milli

10 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Milli- I love to read your posts! I love that you are so creative! I hope you are all feeling better! BTW, I loved the Hunger Game series too and just finished this week. I loved how you put it, a roller coaster of emotions.

Jen R. said...

I just cracked up like 5 times. Those D*MN fairies make me so mad too! that was adelyn's favorite movie for about 7 months. I think I've watched it a thousand times. If I was in charge I would have introduced her to the prince right away, made her prick her finger and then the prince could have kissed her right away and then thety never would have had to hide her or anything. the end.

Allie said...

Great post, house.

sarahjohn said...

Glad you are feeling better and thanks for the invite to your blog!

BYUcougars2 said...

Thanks, you always keep me entertained. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Papa John said...

Oh Milli, you have certainly had to deal with everything, everyday, it sounds like...No way but UP!!! Best wishes for a quiet Conference weekend, arising Monday morn to a new dawn, a new day, a GREAT week!!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

hi milli!
oh man, i've been sick too and it's hard when you're a mom and you live away from your mom!!! amen to all that.
and you should see my house!!!
it's a bomb shell!
hope you're feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute Milli! I always love reading your blog. I'm glad you are feeling better!

The Ceder House's said...

Loved all of your letters. You are awesome. By the way- where the crap have I been??!!! Your having another little one?!! Another girl!!!! Congrats. I hope the exclamations make up for me not commenting forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There.Anywho- Congrats and I am very happy for you! Please get feeling better- if it makes you feel any better what you just described was my life this past month- sitting on the couch watching elmo- too exhausted to move- awesome!

Unknown said...

Of course I understand the Sleeping Beauty Fairies and Travis, but I am shocked that I didn't make your top ten list of people that are important in your life. Millie! What does a bro-in-law gotta do?!