Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another one under the belt



Another September 30Th has come and gone therefore making Travis another year older!

I always ask Travis what he wants me to make him for his birthday dinner, you know, something that I make that he loves. Last year I asked him this question, and I said that it could be anything, his answer was, "hamburger helper." I was a little offended. Out of everything I make, he preferred nasty, cheesy, chewy hamburger helper. He was a bachelor for way too long! So this year when I asked him what he wanted, I was bracing myself for Kraft mac n' cheese, but to my shock he wanted ribs! This was on the exact opposite end of the spectrum! I had never made ribs before? Where did this come from? Who does he think I am, Paula Dean? So I kind of laughed to him, and then I ran over to my neighbor's house, the Johnson's. Chris is known for his excellent meat cooking skills, so I asked him to hook a sister up. Hooking up he did. He and Jana (his lovely wife) did the grocery shopping, recipe searching and basically the cooking (I helped chop onions and poured BBQ sauce over the ribs). The dinner turned out great! Just look...





I think we had satisfied customers...
Thanks Jana and Chris, you rock, and so does dutch oven cooking!!!
The next night was Friday, so I decided to have a "birthday party" for Trav. We went and saw this movie

with the Orson's. I just wanted to congratulate M. Knight on a great movie, his last couple have struggled a bit, but we really liked this movie. It was scary, but not like a Freddy Kruger movie, more like his 6Th Sense. It even had a good message at the end!
My favorite part of the Trav's birthday experience was singing the Happy Birthday Song and having him blow out the candles. We have been talking to Avery about birthdays and blowing out the candles after the song, and she finally got to witness it, just in time for her to get it for her own. Her eyes were huge! Its coming soon!
Happy Birthday Trav! Your girls sure love you!!!

5 comments:

Allie said...

Happy birth, Trav!

I refuse to believe that M. Knight made a good movie. Its impossible.

Papa John said...

My of my...I take my hat off to you Millie for making Travis birthday wish come true....and that Chris, he is the man! Saffado, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
It will be hard to leave that neighborhood and the wonderful families that you both have made wonderful friendships with...

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

so cute, love that he got his dinner and you did not really have to cook!! hope you are having fun!! we miss you lots here!!

Mandy said...

Good job on the ribs. They look yummy...I dont like ribs so I would have gobbled up the sides though.
I just read the next post you did though and want to talk more about that. It made me wet myself a little. That was so cute and sweet and I want to totally rip you off and do my own letters to people. I thought it was nothing sort of genious. Sorry you were sick. I remember when I was sick while with child and seriously there is nothing worse. At least Addi was old enough that she understood I was sick and that the marshmallows and apple juice sitting next to her was all she was getting until I found energy to get other rations. Im proud of you for taking care of them. Glad you are feeling better and dont be mad when I rip off your idea.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Milli- those ribs look so yummy ! congrats on another baby girl !