Monday, March 1, 2010

My kid is the "biter"



Look at this face.

Does it look like a face that would bite an innocent bystander? Well don't be fooled. Friday, when I was at the gym, I was walking back to the Child Watch when the head lady suddenly pulls me aside. "We were going to call you down, but then we figured that you were almost done with your class, but Avery bit a kid," The lady said to me. "What?" I yelped. So I went in there and talked to the lady who was watching her. The story was that she bit a little girl on the hand because she was impinging on her space and toys. Then she showed me the hand of the girl she bit, and there was definitely a little skin breakage. Again, don't let this face fool you.


There was a second offense. This time at the YMCA, it was a face scratching. I guess I have the bully kid. But at least I have a cute bully, that's a positive, right?


In all seriousness, we started disciplining her about a month or so ago. She has been serving some hard time in that corner. Looks like its working to me...
Our next move is going to be solitary confinement behind bars aka the crib. 
That should teach her.

So Avery,please spare me this face

And this one too.

Because I'm not buying it anymore... now come over here so I can kiss you, I mean go to your room... I mean... I'm confused.

8 comments:

Jen R. said...

I still think having the bully is better than having the cry baby.

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

That is such a cute face! It is so hard to dicipline! I think that is the hardest thing about being a mom!

Papa John said...

For as cute as she is, bless you for not getting "sucked in" from the outset. These little ones learn alot about wanting to conform to avoid the dreaded "time out"! For some it takes longer than others, but eventually most come around...good on ya!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh she is really really cute!

Allie said...

Kate only bullies one person, and its her cousin who has been bullying her since she was like 9 months and now she fights back. So do I discipline her or let her defend herself? I'm torn. Avery is a doll and that face would fool me every time.

Kate said...

So cute!!! Who cares...she'll grow out of it! j/k!

Tam the Gram said...

Love the "naked" (can you write that word w/o repercussions?)video, was that Chris talking to Travis? I agree with all previous comments, and it is difficult to know exactly how to parent, but I do know that Avery feels loved and feels safe--which creates a great foundation. Miss you guys (I know that all my comments contain these words, but I do)

Andrus Family said...

Ha ha, I love that your kid is the biter! I have not idea what to tell you on that one - my kid likes to hit! But yes, on the bright side she is so stinkin cute that it's okay.