Monday, April 20, 2009

Its only been a week...

I'm just a tad behind these days. But better late then never. We had a great Easter! But man, why oh why does every holiday include stuffing your face full of good food and candy? I just can't say no to it so I comply to the stuffing of the face. Oh well, I don't think there is a holiday for awhile so we should be good!
To kick off the holiday we did our annual dyeing of the egg contest with the Graham's. This year we had two special guests.
Andrew is a definite potential suitor for Avery
Britney won again this year... she's pretty talented with those eggs
We missed the Orson's this year
Saturday was filled with many festivities. We went with the Hastings to the local outdoor mall, Zona Rosa, to see a parade and the Easter bunny. When we got there, we realized the whole Kansas city metro had the same idea. It was so crowded! Plus we were late so we missed the parade. The line to the Easter bunny was ridiculous so we decided to skip out and go to Walmart to see the bunny.
This hare was the skinniest Easter bunny I had seen in awhile. Avery was pretty indifferent to the bunny so we snapped a shot, grabbed a five dollar footlong sandwich and were off to the next activity...

...which was the town home Easter egg hunt. You are probably thinking that we are nuts because Avery is 5 months old and doesn't know the difference. You are probably right, but once you have a kid its almost like the fun holiday spirit comes back... also we wanted free candy. I didn't take any pics of this, but we snatched Avery an egg in the hunt.
The next morning, which was Easter Sunday, we slept in a bit then had breakfast in bed. We ate our eggs we dyed along with yogurt, peaches and granola. MMMM....
We then went to church for a really good meeting... well we think it was. Avery is starting to become a huge distraction during church. She gets so loud when she is excited and screeches. She is also rolling everywhere, so we have to be on our toes. We did manage to pawn her off on our neighbors for a while and we did hear a great message.
When we got home from church, we realized that the Easter bunny had visited. We found our hidden baskets. Trav helped the Easter bunny with my basket and vise versa. He got me some hand weights, candy (kind of a contradiction), a movie, and a hot cocoa mug that I needed. I got him some candy, some church socks and thongs.
Avery was a good girl and she got a toy, some bubbles and some barley. She's been munchin' on that stuff all week long!
Oh yeah, she also got a new Easter dress... or a hand me down from Anabelle, but she didn't even notice! Here are some cute pictures.


We then went to the Hastings for some amazing dinner. Brandi cooked a bird and some other great food for us. We loved every bite!
To finish the great day we put our baby to sleep and watched one of the best movies ever... Ben Hur. Don't knock it till you watch it. Its a great Easter movie if you have 4 hours on your hands... we had to watch it in two days. Charlton Heston really outdid himself as Judah Ben Hur. I think we should name our son Charlton. Charlton Charles. OK I'm done.
I just wanted to say how great Easter feels. The weather is getting warmer and it just reminds me of a new beginning. I think of Christ and the resurrection and how we all have a chance to have new beginnings every day because of him. Hope everyone had a great Easter.

16 comments:

Brandi Hastings said...

I see that you've been up early. You must be rested..... could that be because a certain little girl slept through the night? LUCKY!! Love the pictures. Your little princess is growing up soooo fast!
We love having her around! Her growls and shrills make for great entertainment!

Susan said...

Avery looks so cute in her Easter dress!!

Hannah said...

Sounds like you all had a great easter! Avery is so beautiful in her dress!!! :)

Mandy said...

Avery is crazy cute! I totally want to kiss her cheeks and her nose and her cute little lips! I want to wear the hand me down dress next, I will start dieting now. Cute Easter traditions, I have not seen Ben Hur though and I feel like a total loser right now.

Jill said...

Love those pics of Avery!...and Millie, now a days we call those flip flops. "Thongs" are something entirely different. Well, I guess not entirely... and I guess the Easter Bunny could've put thongs in Travis' basket...Pervert.

TC Jolley said...

Oh how she melts my heart... she's so freakin' cute... SO CUTE! I want to bite her, will you bite her for me? I hope you and Travis enjoy the thongs... SICK!

Papa John said...

Boyd Duke...Boyd Duke...Boyd Duke...

Tracie said...

THONGS? That is something I DO NOT WANT TO PICTURE! AGGGGGHHHHH! GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD! It's no use, I'm damaged.

Tracie said...

PS...Please Fed Ex Avery to 9909 Vista Way....

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

I love your blog.. you have been busy.. I love hearing all your traditions, it gives me ideas for when I start a family.. I hope all is well and your daughter is ADORABLE!!!! love and kisses!!

Papa John said...

Da wabbit with Avery is pueshious!!!

Allie said...

Miss you guys! Hey, I promise your cd is on its way as soon as I get it in the mail today... sorry for the delay!

Tam the Gram said...

Great Blog! I miss Avery so much--I too, want to bite her cheeks and smell her little head---Is Travis going to wear his thong this summer in Utah?--Maybe golfing?

Tam the Gram said...

I also miss you guys!!!!!!

miles said...

I'm impressed that you guys watched Ben-Hur on Easter. Great movie!

S&J Jones Family said...

I can't believe how beautiful Avery is. She is such a doll!