Monday, April 13, 2009

Love 'em

So Allie and Erin came from far away to see me. They were my roommates in college. It seems like there are many different chapters in life you go through, high school, college, working, etc. Once you pass those chapters sometimes its hard to go back because you have moved on and grown. Well that is not true with these girls. We pick up right where we leave off. I was going to write all about our visit, but mostly we didn't do much. We honestly hung out and laughed and reminisced and ate and went out a little. I would rather "spotlight" these two girls.


Erin:
The first time I met Erin was the day she was moving into our Provo apartment. I was really intimidated by her because she was really pretty. That intimidation quickly went away after the first week because we went running early in the morning and she got what we call "runner's poo." I will spare you the details, but all I can say is she quickly became my friend after words. I remember that Erin could not write a paper for school. Don't get me wrong, she is a smart girl, it was always just a mental block. It usually took her a stressful 24 hour period to write a one page paper. This is because she would do anything but write the paper. She would hang out, go out to eat, clean, etc then we would find her awake at 3 in the morning scrambling to finish. Erin always had dates, every weekend. Every boy would fall in love with her and she was too nice to break it to them that she didn't like them so they would keep asking her out and she would go! This girl broke a lot of hearts! She has taught me a lot! She will alway listen to your opinion and is probably the most thoughtful and helpful person I have ever met.



Allie:
This girl is hilarious. She lives for awkward moments. She was a ballerina at UVSC and we would make fun of her because no matter what we were doing IE: watching TV, eating, etc she would be sitting in the most ridiculous position with pointed toes. She always loved to make movies and has some pretty bad black mail in her possession. She taught me the "Beat it" dance and I taught her Eminem's "Loose yourself" dance. Al loves little kid food. Her meals would consist of marshmallows and peanut butter. Sometimes she would look like a 40 year old woman. It would happen when she worked long hours, after going to school, had not showered for a couple of days, had pink eye and had to wear her big glasses and sweats. We loved it! Allie will always sincerely laugh at your jokes, even if they aren't funny. She is always fun to be around.
Thanks for coming to visit me. The really cool part was that we flew in a professional photographer to take our pictures.
Matt, Allie's husband decided to drop in on the fun. Sorry you were the fifth wheel Erin... he he actually Travis was in heaven to see Matt. He loves this guy! We missed John (Erin's husband). I have to shout out a special thanks to him for all the grunt work he does lifting heavy bags for Frontier Airlines which allowed these girls to be able to fly here. He is an amazing photographer. (dude you totally owe me, do you know how many hits I get on this thing... jokes)

Oh and I have to mention little Kate. She is Matt and Allie's little daughter and Avery's potential BFF. They were cute together.
The Lego exhibit is coming in town this Summer. You know that plus the KC BBQ and the local Red X can't keep the McFarlands away for too long. And Erin, I will come visit you soon in San Fransisco... I'm praying for that marathon.
Can't wait till the next trip!

10 comments:

Allie said...

I loved this so much Milli! And its great to know how you really feel about me. Also, in my defense, I only looked like a 40 year old that one week when I worked a lot and had pink eye so I had to wear my coke bottle glasses. Lay off me!
That really was the greatest trip and I can't wait to do it again!! Love ya, Milli!

Allie said...

Also, I love how Erin's spotlight is how beautiful she is and mine was about how ugly I am. Thanks a lot.

Daisie said...

I am so glad that your friends got to come! Looks like you guys had a great time!! I love your photos!! See you soon!

Anie said...

looks like ya'll had a great time! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Looks like Fun! I love when people come to visit! Your baby is so so cute! Hope to see you soon!

Lechelle said...

Looks like fun!
Reminds me that I'm due for a visit from my old roommates.

Papa John said...

Glad you were able to have so much fun with good time friends...Say, in that last pic in front of the fountains, is Big "T" starting to look a little like Simon Cowell???

The Ceder House's said...

Awesome that you guys got to hang out together! Oh- Raintree- those were the days. It was so much fun to be a next door neighbor to you girls- that was seriously the best semester of my entire college career.I think we all had the best roommates in the world. I ALSO remember Erin having a ridiculous amount of dates- pretty much everyday- not every weekend. And I would love to hear about the "Awkward" moments book Allie was going to publish:)

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Hey- well you obviously missed the gender post !! No worries...you are busy with a babe..Anyway we are having another girl. She will be here in August. I don't know what we were thinking being pregnant during the summer ?!!

John and Erin said...

Thanks so much millhouse!! You make me feel like gold. I sure love you... and I love that you just told everyone that I crapped my pants at 18 years old. But hey I'm ok with that. I loved every bit of our trip. I wish we could do that every week. I'll be waiting for ya out here!