Sunday, March 1, 2009

Writer's Block

I haven't posted for awhile because I got nothin'! I know I don't need to write on every post. In fact some of my family members are demanding more pictures of Avery, and there is a reason for the lack of pictures. The reason is that we lost our camera charger... but don't worry, we found it. It was in the camera bag! I was getting worried because Avery is probably in her cutest stage yet. I vow to devote the next few days to taking pictures and filming the little squirt.
So just a little update. I am a new woman! I have taken myself off of the demon pill also known as birth control. Get real; there will be no babies in the near future! I honestly feel as if a cloud has been lifted! I love my husband again. There were a few moments I forgot why I was married. Its funny how you take out everything on the people you love most. To me, hormones are amazing. They regulate EVERYTHING and change your life. When I was in college I had to go on the pill to help with my cramps. I had to try a few out because they messed with my emotions. I remember the first drug I tried took away all of my emotions. There was this huge drama going on with the BYU softball team. I remember we had a team meeting about a few problems going on with our team. It was kind of a big deal. Everyone was bawling in the room. I remember looking around dry eyed and feeling numb and thinking "what a bunch of drama queens." I never laughed at jokes or anything! So I decided I didn't want to be a zombie, and to try a different pill. This pill did the exact opposite! I was a NUT! I remember we were playing a local college team. The boy I was dating attended that school and I thought for sure he would be at the game. He showed up for about a minute to say hi and left. I remember that I had to sit the bench because I was crying so hard because he didn't stay; but then he showed up for the second game. I guess he had a class or something and that's why he didn't stay for the first game. All that crying for NOTHING! I'm pretty sure I will steer clear from that nasty pill. I have learned my lesson!

As for Travis, he is on his way to Hoisington, KS right now for another surgery rotation. You may be wondering where Hoisington is... to be honest I have no idea! I just know that it is 4 hours away and in the middle of nowhere (sorry if you live there, but its a tiny town) and that he will be extinct for the whole month. He will be living with 5 other classmates; some are girls. I'm not too worried because the Wii will be there and he's more into the Wii than flirting with girls. Its kind of like MTV's the real world. This is going to be interesting. I'm really sad he is leaving, because like I said, I really like him again. I know I'm not as vocal on my blog as some people are about how much they love their husbands, but that's just a character flaw of mine. I love you Trav and I will miss your snuggles. Have fun being a bachelor again and enjoy March Madness! Remember Travis the Chimp? He he!

And last but not least; our little sweet Pie. She is becoming so vocal these days. We have started a sleep schedule with her which includes crying herself to sleep. I'm the biggest wuss. I always want to go and get her but am getting better. She is an amazing nap taker and goes to sleep pretty well at night, but sleeping through the whole night is still a struggle. I know she is only 4 months old and I shouldn't expect her to be sleeping all the way through; but I long for it! I'm getting so old and wrinkly. I'm selfish OK! We love watching Avery grow. She is in the 25Th percentile in everything. She weighs 12 pounds 2 ounces now and my biceps are getting huge!

So I guess my writer's block is gone because I've been rattling off. I promise the next post there will be a little less talk and a lot more action!

15 comments:

Tracie said...

Holy crud...I didn't know that Travis would be gone for so long! BUMMER! But you know what they say...distance makes the heart grow fonder:) Milli, I am so proud of my SIL for being such a fabulous mother, and for making my brother so very happy. This is sappy, but I gotta be sappy every once in a while to get my yearly fill. I LOVE YOU!

Lauren Perry said...

Milli- when the heck are you going to come back to Utah for a visit. I have not met Avery yet and it is really making me sad! I cant wait to see her cute face :) I laughed at your BYU softball posts, lol. I totally remember those 2 situations :) Hey, if you want me to change your blog around, let me know!

Anie said...

Wow, if you need anything just let me know! That is a long time for him to be away, at least you will have Avery to snuggle with and luv! Avery is getting so big and she is just so cute! We should do something sometime! luv ya!

Mandy said...

Glad you're back, I miss my funny milli's writting ability! I love how they make movies about crazy substances turning people into The Hulk or something but all it takes is a little pill to turn women into crazy beasts!
Cant wait for pictures!

Brandi Hastings said...

At least we can be bachelorette's together :) :) Well... single mom bachelorett's! Yes, Avery is getting REALLY vocal. I heard her all the way down the hall yesterday at church when Trav was bouncing her. It was so funny! She is a doll!

Natalie said...

I'm excited to see the next post with pictures! 4 months is such a fun stage. Sorry about your hubby being gone for so long. That sucks!

Quela said...

I can't believe Travis will be gone for that long! Than Sucks! He's definitely gonna owe you big time when he gets back. What a great wife and mommy you are. I can't wait to see pics of little Avery.

Lechelle said...

hormones are scary, I've heard the horror stories that come with the pill (IUD rocks).

I'm sorry Travis will be gone so long, that really sucks. Come over and play with me if you get bored!

Bailey Family said...

Well if they are staying with 5 other room mates that means there is only 1 girl. because I know the 4 boys. Let me know if you go crazy while travis is gone, and While Brandy is visiting her mom we can go crazy together.

Susan and Chris said...

Yay for being a new woman! Hopefully the month goes quickly for you. I'm dreading when Chris has to do away rotations someday...

Season said...

Hi Milli. I wanted to check back in and see what your little Avery is up to. She is little. Eleanor is in the 75th percentile for about everything. She weighs 15 pounds. I know the feeling, my biceps have never looked so good. :)

The Dumas Family said...

I'm glad you're off the pill, it's over-rated. I hope Trav likes his rotation, but not enough to move you guys there. I'm thinking Park City would be nice....Keep up the sleeping work or you'll have a monster 3 year-old in your bed every night, mark my words. Then again, that could serve as your birth control :0) Miss you, be safe, give Princess snuggles for me.

the murdocks said...

HAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAAHHA....your pill experiences are hilarious. I love the thought of you sitting out of the game bawling over a boy. Don't you love not worrying about that stuff anymore?

And please....your kid is 4 months. Reese is almost 6 and STILL won't sleep! The last few days have been wonderful becuase she's only woken up ONCE.

Birth control sucks. Thats why I/Dave went on the "condom". Greatest invention in the world.

byronandniki said...

Yay. A post! I'm glad your feeling good off the pill. Those things can make a girl crazy! I know! I want more pictures!

Mama Kath said...

I finally figured out your blog was longer than a few pictures and figured out how to scroll down! I love your stories! They bring back lots of great memories.