Friday, February 13, 2009

A Great Week...

Every couple of weeks the "mom's" in my neighborhood get together and eat lunch at someones house. This last Wednesday I was heading over to Brandi's house for one of those lunches. Who knew it was a surprise birthday lunch for me? I felt like a million bucks! There was really yummy food and Brandi made one of her famous cakes; it was raspberry lemon. Not a good day to start a diet!
They even made up a game to play. Actually they used the game Cranium, but changed it into a "Milli" version by making the answers have to do with me. I secretly named it "Camillium." It was super embarrassing for me, but I loved it! Thanks Ruth.
Then on Thursday we had visitors! Wes (Trav's brother and his wife) and Rachael came to see us from Utah. Thank you Southwest for having half priced tickets! We are so "visitor-needy" these days. We probably acted like leaches and clung to them the whole weekend. Sorry if we violated your space Wechal! The weather was amazing. It was at least 60 degrees every day they were here. We of course took them out for BBQ, showed them the city and some church sites and hung out at home. Thanks so much for coming; hope you come back!

Then on Saturday, since it was Feb. 7th and 70 degrees our neighborhood decided to have a BBQ. I think everyone in Missouri showed up.
The guys decided it was cool to pull up their collar and tuck the front of their shirts in just like the hip guys from high school used to do. They are a little bit weird.

Here are the girls... We are pretty normal


To top off the night, we had a huge bon fire and played Mafia. Jana pulled a huge win out of her sleeve in the end. It was the best come from behind win in Mafia history.
Then it was my real birthday on Sunday and I decided I'd celebrate it this year; my unbirthday wasn't convenient last year. My pal Amy came and brought the best cobbler in the world. Travis also supplied an ice cream cake. It was so worth the extra tight pants the next day... or week.


Travis isn't messing around with dessert; fork is ready!

Just want to thank everyone for such a fun Birthday week. My mom and dad sent me a really cute and thoughtful package. They are so nice and thoughtful; Thank you! The weather was amazing. If it is like this every Feb. 8th I will stop wanting to celebrate my unbirthday and finally except my real birthday. We will see.

18 comments:

Allie said...

Did you get my happy birthday text?? It should have been a phone call and /or package...
I am glad you had a great birthday! Having a february birthday is the only thing that keeps me going during the winter months. Love ya Millhouse. HOpe all is well! Avery is a doll, as usual!

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Millisue! Looks like it was great....and ALL those birthday cakes....YUM!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

So glad you had a great birthday! Way cute baby girl. You look great too!!!

Boydston Family said...

happy birthday!! Hope you had a great day. Looks like you did!!! Your baby is so cute.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Mill! I want that cake...Avery is getting so big!...I wouldn't mind having her too. ;)

The Dumas Family said...

Happy Birthday! P.S. Your arm looks really buff in that picture. Your little nugget must be heavier than she looks.

Andrus Family said...

Happy Birthday Milli! You were right, secretly my post for my Millie's birthday was for you!! Sounds like you had a good b-day with good food...that's all that matters!

S&J Jones Family said...

Your birthday is the same as my brothers. Sounds like you had a great week of birthday! Sorry we missed you!

Kitty and June said...

happy late birthday......that cake looks mmmm good!

john LOVED the pizzas....aren't they fun!!!

Quela said...

Happy Late Birthday!

Tracie said...

I'm really diggin the hair, Millster. You look divine. Hot mama!

Laura said...

Happy birthday week!!!

Natalie said...

Happy Late B-day! Avery is such a doll. I love the post below too. So funny!

Anie said...

I am glad you had such a great birthday! So I think you got me hooked on the bachelor, way to go! ^_^ I am so mad that Jillian got sent home though, she was my fav... but I also like Melissa so hopefully she wins!

Tam the Gram said...

I sometimes forget which is your real birthday, since you have promoted the "un" birthday to the next level! We missed seeing you on your 26th, are you really 26, I think I did the math! We love you and can't wait for March! 70's, yes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Milli! Sounds like you had a good one. And I am so jellous that it was 70 degrees! That sounds like heaven. Speeking of heaven, that cake looks way yummy!

Papa John said...

Milli,
When Trav hits Hazington and you come back out to God's Country, make sure you stop by and see the fam in PC...
Love ya

brandonandlexee said...

Happy Birthday Milli!!!! It was always Alta vs. Jordan on my Bday every year!! And of course we always kicked their butts:0)
You look so cute and your babes is adorable...I'm loving those big eyes! Hope the weather stays for ya....