Monday, March 30, 2009

Getaway

This is where Travis was for most of the month of MarchThis is where Avery and I were for most of the month of MarchI think we won! Although, Travis did come back from Hoisington Kansas with a different perspective. He loved the down to earth people and he also really liked the surgeon he rotated with. This man would take Travis to his property and they would practice archery. When it would be a slow day the doctor would tell Travis to go outside and practice more archery. He even let Travis borrow his bow and arrow over a couple of weekends. I always wanted to marry a country boy and Travis has told me that maybe he could actually be one!
Anyway, this post is supposed to be about my and Avery's getaway to Gilbert Arizona. My sister TC lives there and it was time for her and her family to meet Avery. Since we were going, my mom, dad, grandparents and younger sister decided to come from Utah for a week. I don't really even know where to start. I was there for 15 days... how bout I just name the ten best things about the trip? OK this might get long so be prepared... or just skim.
1) Niece and nephews: I haven't seen them since July and that was just too dang long! They were sweet, snotty, funny, sassy, tan, busy, cute, loud, fun, annoying and perfect! Just look at them.
2) Amazing weather: Yeah it was at least 75 degrees everyday without a cloud in the sky. I told TC that the meteorologists with the worst grades get sent to Phoenix because its the same weather every day and nobody watches the weather here. The best part about it for me was going running and feeling the warm sun on my skin. That is something I would pay for! TC actually sent Brayden to school with a wool jacket because it was a little bit chilly... like 65 degrees. They have problems.
3) Walks: Whether it was 6 in the morning or midnight I didn't want to do anything but be out on a walk. We put on lots of mileage on those strollers. Avery was in heaven. I think she is going to be an outside person... YES!
4) Hike: TC and I wanted to go hiking, so we did. We took our girls with us since the boys were in school. TC strapped a huge backpack on to carry Bella and I had the bjorn for Avery. As we were hiking up the trail we would run into lots of old people coming down. They would look at us really weird as if we were nuts going up with the babies. Some nice grandmas would say, "now be careful it is really long and steep and it took us 4 hours." I kind of got a little nervous but still trudged along... it took us 1 hour round trip. Those silly old people! The view was really pretty. I love the desert.
5) Driving to Scottsdale with TC: If you happened to receive a prank phone call last week, it was probably from TC and I. Sorry. Sometimes driving 45 minutes to Scottsdale gets boring. My parents time share was there so we did the drive a couple of times. I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. Good times Tice! You are such a funny pranker.
6) Lazy river: The place my parents were staying was amazing. There were several pools and a lazy river. One afternoon we all decided to take a journey on the lazy river (because we could, it was 85 degrees :) My mom was holding Avery against her chest and her little feet were dangling in the water. Well amongst the millions of people around, all the kids laughing and splashing, Avery fell asleep as we rounded in the lazy river. She probably slept for about an hour like this. It was really fun, especially the $12 pool side hamburgers that my Dad bought for us! Thanks Sid.



7) Shopping: What shopping? I didn't do any shopping Trav... ... (it was amazing).
8) Baths: Not so much my baths, but the kids bathing together. TC told me that Bella hates baths probably because she bathes with her brothers and they splash all the time. She suggested that we bathe our cute little girls together so it could be more peaceful for Bella. Little did she know what she was getting into. Avery is a freak in the bath. Sorry for all the water in the face Bella. They were so cute!





9) My family: Being together with the whole fam damly! They are a bunch of weirdos but for some reason I keep coming back to them.
10) My sister: TC is my big sis. No matter what the circumstance is, she has always taken care of me. She would give me the shirt off her back if she had too (in reality she did, I wore a lot of her clothes this trip.) She bought me too many meals and offered to pay for other things that I couldn't let her do. She is one of the most generous people. We had a lot of fun with each other. Good talks, good walks, good silent times. She has had a pretty rough year of life. I see her battling so much in her every day life just to stay afloat. I know she will make it because she is such a survivor. I love my sister and I miss her. Who knows, maybe Trav will get a residency in Arizona. Lots of good reason (note points #1,2,3,7,9 and 10).
15 days is a long time to be away from your life so we were ready to come home to our cowboy. We missed him a lot (and I think he missed us too, he went blog crazy). We were greeted by an excited dad and a huge snow storm.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds so fun! TC is awesome! You two crazy girls = trouble...wish I would've been pranked.

byronandniki said...

How fun! That is so fun that the whole family was able to go! And I am very proud of you two for pranking! I think I might start that up again....

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! Looks like you had a fab time! I'm jealous!

TC Jolley said...

Awwww... I love you too! And if you are wondering who this is, it's JOMAMA!!! It's all I could think to say!!!

Mandy said...

I want to be there right now! That sounds like the best time and those pictures are perfect! It is weird to see a mini Sadie every picture though! Avery is growing up so fast! She has matured so much, slow that baby down! She kinda looks like her daddy right? You are adorable and I want you to run a couple miles for me! Send me the calories when you are done.

Jen R. said...

Millie- Thanks for the comment, I always look at your blog too! h aha anyways, email your phone number to jenromney@gmail.com and I can ask you about where you guys live and all the good stuff I need to know to become a missourian/medical student wife. I also need to know a good Obgyn to go to cause when we move there I'm only going to have a few months left to go for this baby!

The Dumas Family said...

I'm so glad you got to spend so much time in lovely weather. I can't believe how big Avery is getting. She is so adorable.

Daisie said...

I am always so entertained by your commentary!! And I am so behind at checking blogs...I just barely saw Trav's adorable little video! How Cute!!! So glad you had a fun trip and even more glad I got to see you two cute girls in person today!!

Jeanette said...

Sounds Fun! Glad you got to get away while Trav was gone. Sounds like he had it pretty good also. haha! That's funny about McDreamy...I mean to help people. I'll have to use that one. haha!!!

Tam the Gram said...

Great pictures! I love the golf course as I am looking out the window at 3 inches of snow, the sun is coming out--a little too late. I think this summer we will add archery in the backyard--watch out Campbells if someone shoots a "rise ball"

Tracie said...

Wow oh wow! She looks so much like Trav, it makes my heart melt. I think it's the eyes. I used to think she looked more like you, but I am changing my mind. Whatever the case may be, she is LOVELY. As for the phone issue, Milli, I promise that I was just making conversation, and it came back to bite me in the butt. You see, sometimes when talking to Travis, he says nothing for literally like 10 minutes, so I have to come up with stuff to say. Anyways, from one irresponsible cell phone user to another, you're still one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. Peace out, Millster. Your progeny is going to take over the world with her beauty. I'm breathless.

Andrus Family said...

What a fun trip! And you can't beat that kind of weather - I'm totally jealous and I love your fam, too!