Thursday, October 9, 2008

Random tid bits

My friend Jill had this tag on her blog, and I thought it was hilarious. What you do is answer the questions and type the answer into "google images." Whatever image pops up; you add to your answer...

My name is: MILLI My middle name is: JONESMy last name is: Charles My favorite vacation spot: LAKE POWELL
How old am I? 25
Where I'd like to go some day: THAILAND
Where I grew up: DRAPER, UT (what a random shot)

Favorite food: THAI FOOD

Favorite treat: BROWNIES WITH ICE CREAM Where I live right now: RIVERSIDE, MO (Wow, is it really this pretty?)

Favorite animal: HORSE Favorite color: Orange
I'm married to: Travis
Describe hubby: Sweet

What do (did) I do for work? Nutritionist


Whoever wants to do this... do it, its fun. I had to edit one picture because it was morbid, so I chose the second option.

Also, a couple of weeks ago Travis and I went to a birthing class at a hospital. Instead of taking a weekly class, we just wanted to go for one day straight; so it was a 4 hour class! We pretty much just learned about labor and delivery and what to expect. There was also a segment on breathing. They showed us some breathing techniques and had us practice. Well, right before I was going to start practicing, Travis conveniently passed some gas. It made it really tough to get through the breathing part. Especially when we both started laughing hard. I think the nurses were kind of bugged at us, but seriously they didn't have to smell it! It might not be so funny during the real deal Trav, so seriously get it out of your system now!



Best parents ever... we got a certificate of completion!

And here are more belly shots. Not too many weeks left.


34 Weeks (I wasn't ready for the pic, so the face shot's a little weird, ps, those are all my shoes)


35 weeks


36 Weeks

Next item is Travis's business... since it is a new month, he started a new rotation. He is doing internal med for October. So far, his hours have rocked again. He leaves at 8:30 and is usually home by 2! He basically goes around and does health histories on patients and checks their vital signs to prep for the doc to come in. He will also help with procedures and stuff like that. On his first day he caught someone with a heart murmur after the Doctor had missed it. He rocks! He comes home with interesting/pretty gross stories sometimes. I think this rotation might motivate him to take better care of himself. Lots of old, obese, diabetic and unhappy people!


Lastly, I had to mention my trip to the Kansas City zoo. I've been here for over two years and have never been. I wasn't working one Monday and my friends in the neighborhood were taking their kids and invited me. Needless to say, I was the 9th wheel, but I had a lot of fun. The first exhibit we came across was the otters. You may think they are cute, but they are vicious. Apparently 5 minutes before we got there, a wild duck flew in their cage. Bad idea wild duck... when we got there; one otter was eating the head of the duck, with its bill hanging out of the otter's mouth. The other otter was eating the body of the duck. There were feathers everywhere! It was one bloody massacre.

If you look closely you will see the bill of the duck.

The last exhibit we went to was the birds (I forgot the species, but they were birds!) You could actually go in the cage and play with them. There was this old "bird man" who would give you sugar water so the birds would land on you. I came to realize that I didn't enjoy this much. Their claws were dang sharp, and they were aggressive. One bird actually bit me and drew blood. The bird man refused to believe that it could be his sweet bird's fault so he said that I must have been "moving a lot." Does it look like I'm moving a lot in this picture?

Bird man was out of his mind. He had names for all the birds and would practically kiss them on the beaks! He may have a disease or two!

Here is the cute group I went with... thanks for the invite! Hopefully next zoo trip I will have a kid to offer!














25 comments:

The Ceder House's said...

I think your baby is standing straight up because where the crap is she hiding? You look awesome.Can't wait for pics of the new little one....

La said...

tiniest belly ever. you look fantastic. enjoy these last few weeks. stock up on sleep!

Nate & Lindsey said...

I hope that I look a tiny bit as good as you do when I get knocked up! It looks like you are doing well! Any luck with the names?

Jeanette said...

That bird story is hillarious! I was totally laughing, I'm sorry you got bit though. You really do have a tiny, cute little belly. Maybe you'll look bigger when I see you? Seriously though, where is your baby, and can you breathe? because it looks really high up? I love reading your blogs. Awesome Travis has gotten good hours. Poor Steve has been so busy with his last 2. He's gone by 5:30am and gets back anywhere from 6-11pm!!! I keep asking him what the heck? You're only a student, do patients realize this? Why do you have to do soooo much, you don't even know what you're doing. I would never let a student touch me. :) haha LOL
Needless to say, he doesn't like me saying that. Anyway, I can't wait to see your tiny tiny baby! yeah

Natalie said...

Funny, that was fun to read! Good luck with everything!

Anika said...

POOR DUCKY! OH MY GOSH! HAHA! OK- you don't even look pregnant! I can't believe you are almost due! What the!? And that tag was HILARIOUS! Love Lil' Wayne! LOL!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Scary about the bird thing. I don't think I would be comfortable with that either. :0) You look awesome!! Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl! Hope everything goes GREAT!

Brandi Hastings said...

Thanks for the tag idea. It helped entertain me for a little while this morning while I'm confined to my house!!! It was fun reading yours!
Thanks for doing the zoo thing with us. You fit right in! And yes.... the creepy "bird man" was a little odd.

Laura said...

The otter story is just a riot! Thank you for your interesting Zoo experience, you had me ROLLING in laughter!! =)

Becky Johnson said...

Ok, I know everyone else has already said this, but how in the crap are you SO tiny when you are that far along? I think I am already bigger than you and I am only 21 weeks. no fair!! You look SO cute!!

John and Erin said...

I love you in the 9th wheel pic just poking your head out of the back. You weren't allowed to sit up front with the others?

Anonymous said...

You are the tiniest (and cutest)pregnant girl I've ever seen. You and Travis really are going to be the best parents ever!! So about the "birds" at the zoo- Kai got bit when we went too! I felt bad for taking him in there!! By the way, Milli,tell me the truth, "ARE you the murderer?"

swampbaby said...

Um, are you even pregnant??? Hello Mrs.My Belly is as Big as Tara's When She's NOT Pregnant. I have a sad duck story, too. One time we were at Deanna Rose and I saw a male goose attack a mama duck and her ducklings. He drowned one of them, picked up one of them and threw it, and killed another one. I was warped.

Keyona said...

I love the tag idea. My images were a bit weird but funny. Funny post.

Lance and Ariel said...

aw..you're still beautiful! and getting down to the wire, i can't wait to hear all about you giving birth :)

Crystal said...

all i can say is you crack me up and my word you are very tiny for 34 WEEKS PREGNANT!

brandonandlexee said...

That is a lot of info milli:) First of all that was a hilarious tag...i may use it one of these days when i'm bored and have nothing to post! Next, you ARE the greatest parents in the world. I bypassed the whole birthing class thing and just winged it! Luckily Jersee just slipped right out:) Your little girl will do the same I'm sure of it

S&J Jones Family said...

I have been so behind on blogging. It's good to catch up and I deffinetly got some laughs :)

Stephanie said...

You look so good prego! It sounds like you are doing well and you are definitely still keeping me entertained at home so thank you! It's coming up soon, that is so exciting!

the murdocks said...

That picture of you is hilarious with the bird...I know inside you just wanted to cry. And for the love of pete milli, you're freaking belly is the same size it was when I saw you!!!!! I bet you're excited to give birth to a two pound child...I know I would be. Speaking of your child...AJKLDFJJSJDJFDKLJDJ! You're almost there! I am so excited for you! It is wonderful I tell you. My only advice, get a nipple shield at target to save your nips from hellish pain :) (I'm sorry...I hate those people who would make me scared for having a baby. But I'm serious...)

Jill said...

Oh Camille...how I love you. Love the pictures! You look absolutely TINY and so cute! I'm sure you're ready, but it looks like you could go for a while still. I'm so excited for you guys! I dare Travis to pass gas loud enough so that everyone enjoys a good laugh during the delivery...DOUBLE DARE YA!

Anonymous said...

Hey Milli-
You do look fantastic! I bet you can't wait to get her out! I know the feeling! Can't wait to see pictures of her!
Goose

byronandniki said...

I laughed so freakin hard when you wrote about your birthing class!That deserves an LOL! Whoa. Travis better take some beano when the real deal comes. You still look so great. I feel huge already. I swear I'm bigger than you are and I'm only 15 weeks. Bummer.

Texie said...

ok, so some of those google images to you answers are disgustingly funny!!! And I have hard time believing that you are 36 weeks pregnant cause you look like your 15 weeks prego! You look very cute :) I had so much fun making things for Marley's room so I hope that you are having as much fun as I did, little girls are so much fun!

Krista said...

That was great! I might have to copy you sometime.