Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've kind of been a blogging freak lately. I think its a part of the nesting phase. Hope you enjoy yet another one. Last Monday we had a fun Halloween party for Family Home Evening on the street we live on. It was a Halloween progressive dinner. It was put on for the kids, but honestly, I think the adults had more fun. Most everyone came in a costume. We started the night with drinks (not those kind... remember, kid friendly) then went to someones for appetizers, then someones for dinner, then dessert. Sorry if you already knew what a progressive dinner was and had to hear the explanation.



I went as Trav and he went as me... he's a hot prego chick and I'm a hot doctor


The kids sang us a cute primary song



Other fun costumes...



Look how creative some people are! That is a cheese dip. Good job Sherry.



During the dinner part of the party; there was a "David and Goliath" play put on for the kids... again though; I think the parents were the one's getting a kick out of it. Great acting Tyler and Ammon.




We had to take a tie picture; those things are NOT comfortable!


We have such a cool neighborhood. The Kau's did amazing with putting it together!


So this has nothing to do with this blog, but here are pictures of the baby's room.

I have this huge fear that Spud might come out as a boy (not that we wouldn't love you Spud) just because of all the troubles with the ultra sounds we had. If this is the case, I hope he doesn't mind pink clothes and a really girlie room. It's not like the baby even knows what is going on. Honestly, the whole room and clothes thing is really for the mother. I have loved showing off the room to my friends. I'm sure the baby wouldn't have a complex if the walls were poo brown and they wore nothing but a paper sack. All they care about is getting changed and fed and sleeping. Whoa... tangent... anyway, hope you like the most expensive room in our house. New furniture, fresh paint and cool toys!

12 comments:

Quela said...

K, so I Love the costumes. Especially the hot pregnant chick. And little Spudette's room is so so cute. I'm sure she's gonna love it. Who am I kidding, you're right, she won't even care. So hopefully you love it. It looks really good!

Becky Johnson said...

Wow! I absolutely LOVE your nursery. SO adorable! And you look so great I couldn’t even tell you were 40 weeks along. I am so jealous. I bet you are ready to have this baby. I also heard its “Family Week” next week. I told Wes that I had a feeling you were going to have your baby while your parents were in Arizona visiting TC…wouldn’t that just be her luck?

La said...

The room is so cute. Putting the room together is one of my favorite parts. Too bad Charlie is just now getting his own room and he will be a year in a month!

Shelley said...

Wow Millie Moo...That room looks BEAUTFUL!!! I can't wait for her to get here!!!

brandonandlexee said...

Cute, cute...you get props for a great finished project. When I was about due with Jers I would sit in my cute new nursery in the glider chair and just imagine holding my new baby and smothering her with kisses!!! Can't wait for you to get to do that for real!! cuz I'm sure you have imagined the exact same thing:0)

GG said...

Millie,
Your nursery is darling! I've been thinking of you, what a fun and exciting time. You will be a wonderful mother, Enjoy! Love, Robyn G.

Jill said...

Awesome costumes!!! The room looks great! I can't wait to see pics of your little one. I'm so excited for you Milli! I can't wait even more to SEE HER!!!!...or him...ha ha! Good luck!

The Dumas Family said...

Adorable room, Millie! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear when she arrives. I hope you're doing well & hanging in there.

Boydston Family said...

looks like a fun party. love the baby room you guys did a great job.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Trav is one hot Pregnant momma !! Milli I love your babies room, so pretty ! And I guess you should get used to the fact that your kids will always have the most expensive stuff in the house ! Bry and I sleep on a memory foam matress topper on the floor and Presley has a brand new twin bed,( that she barely sleeps in) anyway- I thought this might have been a "we had the baby" post.

Sarah Oman said...

So when I was in your hospital room last night you weren't faking the cramps!? I hope you slept well with your pill!!! You too Travis.

Papa John said...

You guys are an awesome couple, and will make great parents for Avery and your other 10 children yet to be born...