Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fun in February

I hate February!!! It is seriously the worst time of year. The weather is horrible, the Holidays are over so there aren't fun things to look forward to, the Holidays are over so I am fat, and the weather is horrible. Last week it was my birthday. Again, I hate February so much that I have been advocating to celebrate my birthday on my unbirthday which is Aug 8 (I was a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland when I was a kid, hence the unbirthday). It has taken a lot of years but people are starting to come around with my unbirthday idea. Anyway, back to my real birthday. Travis is such a cute husband. He surprised me with a new dresser for our room. You may think, big deal a new dresser. Well let me tell you the story of my old dresser. It pretty much was a piece of wood, actually it wasn't even made out of wood, it was particle board. I have had it since I was 12. It was white with flowers all over. When I got married, I decided to paint it a different color so I wouldn't feel like a 12 year old and so Travis wouldn't feel like he was a pedophile. My mom and I had the most brilliant idea to repaint it an old antique color, then beat it up so it looked like it had aged. Camille did this with her dresser and it was awesome looking. Again, the dresser was not made out of real wood, so it sure didn't take on the cute antique look as Camille's did. It actually looked sort of like a space ship. And to be honest, my mom must have had some real rage going on inside of her because she beat the crap out of it. Now after a year and a half of being married, the drawers started breaking. The bottom two drawers actually didn't have a back to them anymore so I put clothes that I didn't wear to often in those drawers, pretty sad. When Travis surprised me with a new one I was delighted. He also planted little presents in each drawer. Later that night he surprised me with a homemade birthday cake with 25 candles on it. He brought it out when we were with our friends. I call him "the sneak" because he had a really "busy" week staying late studying at school but really he was out shopping, assembling and baking. Come to think of it, it would be really easy for him to have a girlfriend on the side by using the "I have to study late tonight" card. Hmmmmmm....
Oh and something else about birthdays. I love how random people call and text you on your birthday. I felt way loved that day so thanks to everyone!


I also wanted to add a picture of our Valentine's day. He is a full time student so we are really poor so we just ordered a heart shaped pizza from Papa John's and stayed in wearing our sexy pj's. It was $20 bucks and barely fed us, but the idea behind it was genius. Hope everyone had a good V-day!

23 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Hey- She is a firecracker !! Where are you doing your half ? Okay- this is a little delayed, but remember when you asked about music, and you might already know who this is, A fine Frenzy...I just started listening to them, Bry bought the stuff of itunes back in Dec., but I just started listening to them. I love it. Check it out and let me know what ya think.

Shelley said...

That is hillarious. My favorite part was the "rage" in Tammy to "antique" the childhood dresser. What a stud to make your birthday so special and to THINK of such a good gift! Props to Travis.

Anika said...

I love you Milli! I am going to show you how ugly my dresser is. You are going to cry! LOL!

Camille said...

hah hah...yes beating furniture is my favorite catharsis. Happy belated Birthday!

Julie said...

Oh Milli, what a cute hubby! He did a great job on your birthday.

the murdocks said...

Milli! Happy birthday about 9 weeks late. I am a terrible happy birthday-er. Ask my own family...I forget everyones. I'm glad you had so much fun on your birfday and vday!!

Lauren Perry said...

Did you get my text on your birthday?? Probably not, because I am a BIG jerk and forgot this year! :( That makes me sad. I even thought about it on the 8th, because Brians was the day before. I swear, when you become a mom you become a freaking flake. I am so sorry! I did call you today though. I wanted to chit chat. Brian got a job at Sire Technology. He gets to travel a lot, so I am going to be a single parent a lot of the month. The pay is really good, and he is only gone 2-3 days a week, like 2-3 weeks a month. We also bought a home in Riverton/Heriman area. Its way cute! When you come to Utah, you will need to visit me- its a Perry Home of course ;) lol. We are now neighbors again with Trent and Jess. I can literally throw a softball and hit their house 6 houses down.

Call me back! I wanna chat!

Tracie said...

He was talking about getting you that dresser Christmas. Slacker. I am glad he finally did the deed. I miss you guys.

Allie said...

February is for sure one of the worst months, but luckily we have our birthdays during it so we get presents. Presents are great no matter what time of year.

TC Jolley said...

You are not FAT! You look amazing! Oh, and I love February, you will too when you move here! Your gift is going out today... and so is Travis's and so is your unbirthday gift... eerrr... sorry!

Quela said...

I've always wanted to get one of those pizzas! We'll have to do that next year. But we might have to get one for each of us. Yes I know I'm still a pig.

Quela said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Mandy said...

Milli, I miss you. Your stories are always wonderful. I also was a giant fan of Alice in Wonderland but I always wanted those pills she took that made her small. It was like olden days ephedra! Anyway, happy birthday! So sorry I missed it. Your husbie is very cute!

Tam the Gram said...

I can't wait to come to Kansas so we can antique your new dresser! Good job Travisio, Milli's language are gifts and time! P.S. No rage, just the adage: More is better!

swampbaby said...

And dressers last way longer than flowers, too, so YAY to good surprises! I am also so sick of Feb. and this freaking forever cold. I'm about to pull my hair out!

S&J Jones Family said...

I want a new dresser!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Amen to hating February! Happy belated birthday:)

Isaac Family said...

K, you are so funny I love it! I feel the same way about my dresser. Except I've had mine since I was like 7 so I can beat ya there. Gotta love the bedroom furniture! Maybe one day I'll get it all to match!

Becky Johnson said...

Hey Milli, I think I just LOVE your hair. SO cute! Trying to decide if I want to chop mine off. Also, how did you make that top part of your blog to be SO cute?

Becky Johnson said...

Hey Milli, I think I just LOVE your hair. SO cute! Trying to decide if I want to chop mine off. Also, how did you make that top part of your blog to be SO cute?

J and E Mayfield said...

Travis well done. I'm sure impressed and gald you're taking such good care of my millhouse. Since my birthday is coming up I was wondering if you could make a few calls and help John out. Thanks trav I'd really appreciate it. Plus milli we all know that you pretend to like your unbirthday better just so you can have two birthdays. You're not fooling anyone.

Jess Perry said...

Happy late birthday! What a cute hubby! You guys are such a cute couple...you got a good thing going there!

Michelle Arnett said...

HI MILLI! It's Michelle. I love when I find a friend who is a fellow blogger. I hope all is going well! We just had our 3rd baby. . . and it was a girl! I can't believe I have had 3 kids. Keep in touch!