Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Some Funny Stuff!

Not too much has been happening around these parts so I don't have a lot to blog about; however, there have been a couple of funny little things that have come my way that I'd thought I would share:

1) Travis had a really tough week last week. He had a couple of finals that really drained him. He actually looked like a real 30-year old man instead of his young boyish looks. I don't even think he shaved, showered or changed his scrubs for that whole week come to think of it. So his finals are over and and its his Spring break so he gets a whole week off from school. So what does he do? You may be thinking sleeping in, breathing fresh air, easing your mind. No. He woke up at 6:30 am on Monday morning so that he and his school mate buddies could have a Lord of the Rings marathon.


They watched all 3 movies in one day. These aren't just the normal DVD's, these are the director's version which means it adds another hour to these never ending movies anyway. I got home from work and he didn't return till about eleven that night. They are seriously the biggest dorks I know! I guess I'm sort of a dork myself though because he called me a couple of times to check on me and every time I would answer, I would say "my precious" in Gallhams voice and then laugh and think I was really funny.

2) At work I just found out that Dwight and C-Spark also got disinvited to the obesity conference because the doctor realized how expensive it would be for him. What a freakin' cheap wad! I did have to laugh because I guess I'm not the only one who gets the shaft. Love the drama!

3) I never really realized how gifted my husband is at Dance Dance Revolution. He could almost be a black man! OK I'm going way too far but seriously the guy can really move. I'm not going to say he looks the most graceful, but he killed everyone on Saturday night by a huge margin boys and girls included. So that is another thing he has going for him if the medical school thing doesn't work out.

These little funny things keep me entertained and happy and I think in order to keep my sanity I have to look for them everyday.

21 comments:

Cody and Nikell said...

I can't believe they wanted to watch all those movies in one day. For me that would be extremely painful!

I love the office drama!

I'm just wondering if it could be any colder for Spring Break? Seriously.....

Camille said...

Yay for a new post! I love Trav's nerdiness. And I love that you said 'my precious'. Honestly, I have not made it all the way through one single solitary LOTR flick. I don't get it? I can't even follow what is happening?..

Is Trav as good of a dancer as our boy JT?

Mandy said...

I know this may come off strange, and you may be angry at me...but I kinda have a crush on your husband. He is just so cute, and the way you talk about him I just love! Ron is a major dork too so I am glad there are many dorky men for us to wrap our arms around at night! Tell him to keep it up! ALso, I know I profess this each blog, but I love Milli Jones Charles! She is amazing!

Andrus Family said...

Mil,
Hey, this is Leslie Andrus (Hammond), aka college roommates, "you don't poop you don't pay" entrepreneurs, softball spaz buddies, and the list goes on! I got your blog from
Elisa and I was so excited!! We need to catch up so give me your e-mail address. I just had a baby (crazy, I know!) and she is going to be a little red head, and we started with her middle name being Millie, but it ended up being her first name! So I guess technically you have a name sake!

Andrus Family said...

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing good. We live in Vegas still, but we're moving back in 8 weeks 'cause Ryan graduates law school! It's been too long, so let me know what you're up to!!!!

Love,
Leslie

Anika said...

Okay- so first of all... I absolutely love LOTR. They are my favorite movies! I could totally watch them all in one sitting! HAHA! I am a dork. I even got Nate in to them after we got married. He had never seen any of them, and now he loves them. I'm glad he is enjoying his Spring Break! YAY!

Quela said...

Gallham scares me! And that picture of him is totally freakin' me out! Just fyi.

Allie said...

I can totally imagine you trying to sound like gallum ang then laughing your head off. I was just thinking of the time at Village on the Pissway, when we were yelling to Erin's and Garbage's room things like "Song o rong rong yong: ang laughing our heads off

Shelley said...

I can totally hear you saying "my precious" and then thrwoing your head back in laughter....OH, I miss you Milli!

Travieso said...

OK, seriously people.... A big hug to the person who can spell the little guy's name right.

TC Jolley said...

"Precious"-- I get scared sometimes because Jon and Trav are a lot alike... what the?... Lord of the Rings all day long, I'd rather have a bullet! I miss you and can't wait to see you, whenever the hell that will be! I may come up for Wes' wedding but I'd have my boys so I'd have to come back here before Kansas... I'll email you about all that :) Love ya my PRECIOUS!

S&J Jones Family said...

Wow, I didn't know Travis was such a nerd! :) Good thing he's got DDR as a back up!

Crystal said...

ok i got to meet this guy! He sounds pretty interesting. Where did you meet again?

Tam the Gram said...

I to must confess that I have always fallen / or dozed off while watching. Personally, this series is a great natural "sleeping" remedy!!! Remember when Brayden thought "whats his name" was dad? Love ya Milli

Kate said...

Okay, if your hubby is a nerd -- that labels mine one too! He would totally do the same thing on "his day off." Sadly, I probably wouldn't let him! I'd be cracking the whip! You are a great wifey to let him!

Tracie said...

Yeah, Trav. Get the movie marathons out of the way now. Because when the chitlins come, you will never ever ever ever finish a whole movie again in your life. Milli, props to you for being such a supportive wife:)

Parisa and Zac said...

Nice pic of you with no makeup! haha just playin! how are ya mill? this is your fav. Cuz Zackary Gordon Campbell!! over and out! PS tell trav hi for me.

La said...

Gollum. There you go Travis. I will take my big hug next time we see you guys. Meaning we will see you guys sometime or another.

Crystal said...

So that is way crazy that you met sara out there. I played softball with her and her husband grew up just down the street from me in bluffdale. So you love dave cook. i thought you would love the murry kid because he kinda sings like clay akin! You know your old lover! jk, Anyways, I am so happy that you are using your degree you got from byu. Most of us that were in the same classes are moms now and dont the degrees we earned.So what else are you doing in kansas and what do you two do there besides work and school?

Brandi Hastings said...

Wow, I'm glad that Jim wasn't there to join in the nerd-fest.I'm sure that he was wishing that he was there!
Thanks for the blurb.com suggestions. I just got done with my book and bought it! Yeah!
By the way, I tag you! If you are totally sick of these I won't be offended if you don't do it :)
See you this weekend!

Stephanie said...

Hey! If you really want to make an order, just email me at Stephanie.Jepson@gmail.com or call me 635-4399 and we can figure out what you want and then I can just ship it to you. I make more of a variety than what is on the website. Thanks!