Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Everything you are dying to know...

I got tagged by Tara and thought what the hay, so here it goes
ALL ABOUT HIM...


What’s his name? Travis Brandon Charles

How long have you been together? Um... ... I don't know where you start counting. We've been kissing for 3 1/2 years, but probably have been "official" for 3 years. (we did things in reverse... he he).

How long did you date? Again, where do you start counting these things? We were really good friends for probably a year, then really good friends went to friends with a little bit of benefits (cause why not?) then it evolved to marriage. It is a beautiful love story. I'd say we were seriously dating for about 9 months before we got hitched.

How old is he? the big 3-0. Old man.

Who eats more? Travis has been known to pack it down. He is learning that his metabolism isn't what it was 5 years ago, so he has asked me to lessen the portion sizes for dinner. I probably eat sweets more frequently though.

Who said I love you first? He did in a different language; I think it was Russian? But then he finally manned up and said it in English.

Who is taller? He is the perfect height for me. I can wear heals and he still is taller but not too tall.

Who is smarter? Wow,not even a comparison. Travis. Sometimes he uses words I have never heard before and I just look at him with a blank look (and its usually when we are arguing which makes me even more mad)!

Who does laundry? I do. I'm too afraid of what he will shrink. I probably enable him.

Who does the dishes? Its probably pretty even. He inherited a good trait from his dad. Thanks Papa John

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Lying down, he does.

Who pays the bills? I do. We would be evicted if he did.

Who mows the lawn? You know, we have never owned our own lawn. That is one hoop we haven't jumped through yet (hopefully soon).

Who cooks dinner? I usually do although Travis makes a mean kraft mac n' cheese. I swear he has a secret method of mixing the milk, cheese and butter. It baffles me.

Who drives when you are together? He is insanely sexist in this department and forces me to sit in the passengers seat. He is the least controlling person ever, but with this he is crazy.

Who is more stubborn? Surprisingly, I think he is. He is more passive aggressive with his stubbornness which to me is the worst kind of stubborn.

Who kissed who first? He totally was pervin' on me one night and he made the first move, then he didn't call me for a week. PLAYA!

Who asked out who first? He did (this is where his passive nature comes to play). He found out that I am deathly afraid of spiders so he rented Arachnophobia and invited me over to watch it just the two of us. So I think that was kind of a date. We "kind of dated" a lot.

Who proposed? He did, again, in a different language. This time it was Spanish and it sounded prettier, but again he manned up and resaid it in English. It was cute.

Who has more siblings? He has 3 and I have 2.

Who wears the pants in the family? Pretty much I do if I'm kicking and screaming. But again, the passive side of Travis sometimes drives me into submission. He knows exactly what he is doing.

I tag Lauren, Tater, Anika, Sarah & Jim and Brandi and whoever else!

27 comments:

Lauren Perry said...

Soooo cute! I remember he told me that he was going to propose to you during your Powder Puff football game :) You guys are so funny! I love it! Hey, if you want me to PIMP your blog, text me your log in, password, and favorite colors :) I will do my best to make you happy :) (and i will forget your login and password after...)

Shelley said...

So funny! You two are perfect for each other.....Mark has a way with Mac and Cheese too! Wierd.

Allie said...

Love it. Thank you for not tagging me. I hate doing these things, but I like reading others.

Travieso said...

7 years in college will do wonders for your mac n cheese skills

TC Jolley said...

I love that sexy picture of Travis! Owww la la! I'll take most of the credit for the proposal and the ring, although my idea was better, he should have proposed on his birthday... TRAVIS!

Jess Perry said...

So fun! Loved this post. You two are so great together!! And I only wish Trent knew how to make Mac n cheese. He makes a great PB & J and that is about it. We try to keep him away from the stove or other areas...he hasn't had good luck with his attempts there!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Love the tag...and WAY cute new blog!!!

Tracie said...

It's okay, Milli, as his sister, I am here to vouch that Travis makes up at least 75% of the words he uses that are more than 2 syllables long. Don't let him fool you.

Stephanie said...

Millie, this is Stephanie Jepson,(Daren's wife) and I know this is random, and stalkerish but I have to admit ever since I found your blog I do read it and about pee my pants every time! You are the most hilarious person ever.

Sarah Oman said...

In addition to Mac & cheeze, "travieso" makes a mean batch of snickerdoodles.

TC Jolley said...

I love your new blog design, although I was a little let down when there were no updates... jerk! Happy Birthday Sadie... I mean Mimi!

The Dumas Family said...

Hi there MJ! Your sister found me through Julie Burton's blog and I found you through her blog. I hope all is going well for you and your hubby! It was fun seeing you at Nikki's wedding. I'll keep an eye on your blog so I know how you're doing. Ours is thedumasfamily.blogspot.com.

J and E Mayfield said...

I like learning more about trav... I never get to talk to him. Love the new design

Matt McFarland Photography said...

I love seeing that picture of Travis cuz I'm sure he's just in his garments.

S&J Jones Family said...

That's so funny! I like reading these survey things.

TC Jolley said...

Ha ha! I just read your comments on my blog :) You make me laugh! I'm trying to teach them to not ask why actually!!! "But why mom?"... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! And yes, you are a wonderful sister... you are one of my ultimate hero's too... for real :)

Brandi Hastings said...

Love the Trav update! I am going to try out the tag thing. I still haven't done it. I'm a little slow :)Hope to see you guys soon!

the murdocks said...

Love the new design mill! And it's fun to learn more about Travis. The farther we are away from eachother...the more out of it I feel. I love reading all about you on the blog. Hey nother question...how's "it" coming along? Remember our fantastic discussion at erins shower???

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Thanks for the note (travilli)! It looks like everything is going good with you guys! We were glad to see your comment on our blog! We'll keep on checking in. Love Marquel

Natalie said...

This is cute. I may tag myself for this one, it is a little long. I love your new layout though!!

Crystal said...

Hey Milli your blog it looking great! Anyway, hope ll is well and do you know what happened to nikki and katy?

Anika said...

Milli- Just FYI- I read your post to Nate and his brother Nick and Nick's girlfriend Laura about your work/email mishap... They were literally rolling with laughter! I still can't believe that- that's classic!

Nate & Lindsey said...

Hey Millie, we are probably going to need your address soon! If you don't mind texting it to Nate that would be so great! Thanks

Isaac Family said...

Hi Millie! I was just leaving a comment on the Jepson's blog when I saw your cute name and wondered if it was you and it is! Anyway, this is Natalie Leavitt, now Natalie Isaac, Bry's wife. I'm pretty sure you know Bryan. So... hello!!!

Shelley said...

MILLI-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tam the Gram said...

For at least two more decades Travis will be know as "Travis the Tickler" can you explain this Milli

Unknown said...

Yes, you got my brother down. That is all very Travis.