Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Rendezvous

We left SLO one day early to have a rendezvous with some of our favorite people in San Diego. We met up with the Johnson's and the Dyers. The Dyers live in San Diego now since Will is in the Navy. We had 12 kids, 2 dogs and 6 adults in about an 1800 square foot house. You would think it would be maddening, but it was actually really functional! I think we were all just used to the crammed townhouses that we used to live in and we made it work! We were only there for 2 nights and 1 full day, but it was really fun! 

The nights with our friends are sort of magical. The kids are in bed and we just chat, eat really yummy treats and play games. Sometimes my stomach hurts from laughing so much! This is pretty much what our typical weekends were when we lived in Kansas City... also I think I lost a solid 5 pounds after leaving, we would seriously always have treats at night!

The one full day that we spent there, we went to Cornado bay and we beached it up! My kids loved hunting for sand dollars and jumping the waves. I'm pretty sure Leo loved eating the sand. Jana knows how to live life and made me get in the frigid water. I did, and it was worth it! We also did some cartwheels. I sure love that gal, she makes me feel like a kid again! Will and Anie are just hilarious and make us all laugh. I just love when you have connections with people and no matter the distance, there is always that connection! Till next time friends!























No comments: