Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The calm before the storm, although it felt stormy to me

I love my OB.But for some crazy reason, he decided to go out of town the weekend before I was due. How rude of him. I wasn't too worried I would deliver, because I didn't have any of my baby's early. But to be safe, he was going to check me to see if I was dilating at all. He checked me on Monday the 13th. There was absolutely no signs of baby coming. So the plan was, to do nothing, and to try not to go into labor. And, absolutely nothing happened! The following Monday, I had another appointment. Dr. Bryan was back in town. He checked me again, and again, not much progress. My due date was in two days, and it wasn't looking like the babe coming anytime soon. At this point, the plan was for my mom and dad to come into town as soon as they found out I was having the baby. Our neighbors and friends were going to fill in when we had to go to the hospital. I was sort of starting to get anxiety about everything, Isla was getting hard, I was just tired of being pregnant, and nothing was happening! I got on the phone with my mom, and she decided that she would just come down on Sunday the 26th, so 6 days. That made me feel a lot better. Wednesday, the due date, came and went, and nothing happened! The baby was nice and happy in there. 

Dr. Bryan checked me again that Friday, the 24th 2 days post due date, and again, not much progress. He told me that he would strip my membranes on the following Monday morning. So this was perfect. My mom would be here Sunday, and in the past, after the membranes get stripped, I have a baby! Monday was the day! When Monday came, I was actually dilated to a 3. The Dr. thinned me out, and on top of that, I went to a chiropractor and got acupuncture. I was ready! TC even came up to hang out to wait for the baby to come. But, yeah, the baby just wasn't ready! I started feeling a little bit of contractions, but not much more. The evening came, and nothing was happening. I made TC, My mom and dad go on a long walk, in the dark and in the rain. I was getting a little ancy. They  even did a crazy rain dance that made me laugh so hard. But still nothing! We went to bed, and we woke up in the morning, and still nothing! I was officially 6 days overdue! I would have little contractions, but not much else. Travis actually took the day off, but got called into work. There was a baby born with some major complications, and he had to go in and make sure everything was ok. He was there for a couple of hours, and I was just starting to freak out because I wanted to be there! I was done! He finally got home, and I sort of had a break down because nothing was happening. We ended up going on a walk around the block, an he calmed me down. We got back, and it was time for Travis to go and pick the girls up from school. While he was gone, I had one super painful contraction, the kind that almost floors you. Whoa! But I wasn't gonna get too excited. Tice and I decided to go into my room and watch Fixer Upper. While I was getting it set up, I had a couple really hard contractions. They were starting to really come and fast! There was a really bad one, and I heard and felt something pop. I thought it was my water breaking, so I went to the bathroom and checked, and it wasn't as wet as I thought, so I chalked it up to peeing my pants a little (but it was indeed my water breaking.) We called Travis, and he got home from getting the girls. It was 3:15 and we headed for the hospital. The baby was born at 4:59, so it was fast!  I will give all the delivery details in the next post. I'm just gonna say that it was a crazy whirl of events the past two days! But looking back, it was actually pretty great. I hung out with my sister and parents and kids and husband, just sitting around waiting for a sweet baby to come. Good memories!


No comments: