Sunday, July 31, 2016

Scary

Its July, that means that we go to Utah and stay with my Mom and Dad for a couple of weeks. I am about 7 weeks pregnant, so just barely along. The only people who know I'm pregnant is Travis and me. On the drive down to Utah, I was having some pretty bad cramps that were sort of bothering me. They went away, and I didn't really think anything about it again. Travis stayed in Utah for a couple of days, and then flew back to Arizona so he could work. A couple of days later, I decided to go on a bike ride with my dad. When you are pregnant, you can still work out and be fit as long as you were doing that stuff before, so I wasn't too worried because I love working out. My Dad is a really good road biker, and he took me on a really hard ride! He is no old man. We went up the canyon. It was a really tough ride! That night, I started having bad cramps again. I was starting to get worried, they were really painful. Around midnight, I went to the bathroom, and I was bleeding. I was really sad because I thought I was having a miscarriage. I called your Travis, and he was sad too. He told me to go to the lab and get my blood tested to see if I was having a miscarriage. So the next morning, I went in and got my blood drawn. It took a couple of days to get the results, and I had stopped bleeding and cramping. The results went to Travis first, and he called me and told me my pregnancy levels were normal, and that I wasn't having a miscarriage. Weird! But I was so happy. It was just a fluke thing that happened, or so I thought.
A couple days later, I went shopping with my sisters. We were in a store, and I felt something weird happen. I felt like I was starting to bleed. Tice went to go and find out where a bathroom was. When she came back, I could feel blood dripping down my leg. I knew something was wrong! We found the bathroom and there was blood everywhere. It was a lot! I called Travis again. He said that I just needed to go to the ER. So we did. I got checked in, they took more blood and then they decided to do an ultra sound. I for sure thought they were going to tell me that I was miscarrying. It had to be, I was bleeding so much!!! The ultrasound technician didn't take very long. I asked her what she saw. She looked at me and said, "I don't think i'm supposed to say anything until the doctor sees it." I said, "its OK, you can tell me." I was fully expecting her to say that I had lost the baby. She turned the screen to me. She pointed to a little baby and said, "here is the baby." I looked and saw a tiny little body. She pointed to the heart and said, "here is the heart beating." And there it was, beating. Baby was alive!!! Then she pointed to something that I couldn't really detect. She said that in my placenta there was a blood clot. She said it is called a subchorionic hematoma. This was causing the bleeding. She said that these happen in about 25% of pregnancies. You do have a higher chance of miscarrying, but in most cases, the clot will dissolve around 20 weeks and everything will be ok. That was great news! Yes, it was a scary thing to have, but the baby was alive!
I went back to my room in the ER with Tice and Sadie and I told them the news. I said that I ws having triplets! They freaked out! But then I told them the real truth. They were elated as well. The rest of the time we were in there, we had a good time. It was actually one of the most pleasant ER experiences I ever had. We laughed, we joked with the workers and we had good talks. They finally let me go home. It was a really crazy experience but I'm just so happy everything is ok!

This was right before I started bleeding

 And this was the lovely hospital stay


No comments: