Sunday, June 1, 2014

A and B T-ball

I had to do it! I signed both Avery and Brooklyn up for pre-T-ball. This was the only year that they would be able to play on the same team. The ages are from 3 to 5.  I would have never signed Brooklyn up, well, because she is 3, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. And I'm glad I didn't, because it was hilarious to watch. 

First off, the uniforms ate Brooklyn up. They were huge! They were even a little too big for Avery. 

The first practice they had, Brooklyn didn't touch one piece of equipment. She ran around, played in the dirt and pretended. Avery was totally into it though. She loved to hit off the tee. 

Their first game was a riot. Brooklyn's first at bat, she hit the ball and ran straight towards the pitcher's mound. OK, I say her first at bat, but she actually would charge the mound every time she hit the ball till about the second to last game. 







Every time Avery would get up to bat, I really had to squint to make sure it was her. She didn't like the tight fitting helmets, so the helmet that was bigger would dwarf her tiny little head. All you could see was a uniform and a helmet, no head or face. 





Brooklyn refused to wear her baseball hat because "it isn't cute." 

Avery is a lefty, which I am so happy, because in softball, that is a huge advantage!!! Brooklyn is totally right handed, but for some reason every time she went to hit the ball off the tee, she would miss it, but then she would hit it backwards off the tee from her back swing. So by the second game, they switched her to the left side. I had two lefty batters. I'm a proud mama.


Avery loved playing in the field. No matter where the ball was hit, she would sprint and try to field it, even if she was playing first base and they hit it to left field, she was on her horse.



Brooklyn on the other hand was a lazy fielder. She would tease and flirt with all her teammates. At one point, she had to be separated from her best friend, Jocy. 


We were able to play on a team with lots of friends. We had Ryan, Conner, Jocy and Aaden. 









These games were so much fun to watch but I think all the kids would agree that their favorite part of the game was the treats after words!

1 comment:

Papa John said...

Entertainment at its absolute best, and they don't even charge admission.